While a wedding is a celebratory affair, it would be impossible to share it with everyone. This is where wedding announcements come in. Announcing your wedding helps spread the news to the people who were unable to attend the wedding for various reasons, or who weren’t invited. To do this properly however, you will need to use the right wedding announcement wording. Below is a guide that will equip you with all you need to give a proper wedding announcement.
- Difference Between Wedding Announcement And Invitation
- Things To Include In Wedding Announcement
- Wedding Announcement Template
- Wedding Announcement Wording Samples
- When To Send Out Wedding Announcements
- Where To Announce A Wedding
- Tips On Addressing Wedding Announcement
- How To Announce A Wedding On Social Media
Brides Often Ask
What should a wedding announcement say?
A wedding announcement should give important details about the wedding, such as the names of the couple and wedding hosts. It should also have details of the wedding such as the location, date and time and link to wedding website or socials.
What is a good quote for wedding?
There are many outstanding wedding quotes, one of which is, “There is no more loving, charming, and lovely relationship, friendship or company than a good marriage.”
What is the difference between a wedding announcement and an invitation?
It is important to note that a wedding announcement does not have invitation wording. While a wedding invitation is sent before a wedding takes place, wedding announcements are often after the wedding. A wedding invitation is sent to invite people to attend a wedding, while a wedding announcement announces that the event has taken place. This is why wedding announcement wording is often for those not invited or those who couldn’t make it to the wedding.
While the wording of a wedding announcement can be similar to a wedding invitation, the message and formality would be totally different.
Things To Include In A Wedding Announcement Card
Preparing your wedding announcement cards is just one of the many steps of a wedding that need to get done. These simple cards don’t have to say much, but just need to get the message across in a courteous manner; below is a list of the necessary information to include.
- Just like on your wedding invitation, it is necessary to include the names of the hosts for the wedding. It is proper to honor the hosts if they are anyone besides the bride and groom, be they the parents or any other family member.
- Include the full names of the couple in the wording for wedding announcements after the wedding. If they are also the hosts of the wedding, then you wouldn’t need to include the names of the parents.
- The wedding date. Use figures for casual weddings, but for religious or formal weddings, it is customary to spell out the day, month and year of the wedding date.
- Include the wedding location. This would normally be the city and state of the wedding location, as well as the venue or reception hall used.
Wedding Announcement Template
When putting together wedding announcement wording for uninvited guests, it is important to include certain important details. These details are a constant whether you’re having a traditional wedding, an elopement or even a backyard celebration.
Below is a simple template that you can follow.
- Names: It is important that the announcement starts with the names of the bride and groom so that recipients understand who the announcement is about. This can be helpful for those who don’t know one half of the couple.
- Wedding Date: The date of the wedding is also important. This lets people know when exactly the event took place and the date for celebrating future anniversaries.
- Wedding Ceremony Location: While the exact wedding location might not be important at this stage, many people include at least the town or city that the wedding took place in as well as the church or resort.
- Reception Location: If the wedding reception held at a separate venue from the ceremony, this can also be included in the announcement.
- Links: If a website was setup for the wedding, a link could be included in the wedding announcement, alongside links to any social media accounts regarding the wedding as well.
Wedding Announcements Wording Samples
The wording for wedding announcements is quite similar to that of the average wedding invitation. The customization usually depends on the preferences of the sender, as well as the tone of the message, which is dependent on the status of the receiver.
Formal Wedding Announcement Wording
For formal wedding announcement wording ideas, think of how you would communicate the message to acquaintances, distant friends and relatives, as these are usually the receivers of the formal announcement.
(Bride) and (Groom) are pleased to announce their marriage on (Wedding Date) at (Wedding Location). A private reception was held at (Reception Location), immediately following the ceremony. The couple’s new address is …(Home Address).
Informal Wedding Announcement
This type of wedding announcement goes out to close friends and family of the couple who could not attend the wedding for various reasons.
(Bride) and (Groom) are pleased to announce that they went away for vacation and got married in a tropical destination! (Bride) and (Groom) were married on (Wedding Date) at (Wedding Location).We hope to celebrate with you on (Reception Date) at (Reception Location).
Funny Announcement Sample
Some couples would like to add some fun to their post wedding announcement wording; especially for those really close friends and family who understand them.
Two hearts became one and it’s time to have fun! (Bride) and (Groom) were married on (Wedding Date) at (Wedding Location)! We then danced the night away in a private reception at (Reception Location). Our new address is (Home Address).
Elopement Wedding Announcement Wording Example
Similar to a traditional announcement, the only extra in the wedding announcements wording for an elopement is that it clearly states that it was an elopement, so no guest feels they were left out for any reason.
Our new love was celebrated in a private ceremony! (Bride) and (Groom) eloped on (Wedding Date) at (Wedding Location).
Wedding Announcement Wording For Uninvited Guests
The announcement to uninvited guests could be from the parents of the bride or groom. Below is a wedding announcement’s wording example for this type of announcement.
Mr. and Mrs. (name of parents), are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter (or son), which took place on (Wedding Date) at (Wedding Location).
When To Send Out Wedding Announcements
The best time to send out post wedding announcements is one day after the wedding; however within 30 days after is also acceptable. This, especially if the couple will like to include a picture of the wedding in the announcement cards.
Where To Announce A Wedding?
There are quite a few ideas for which medium to use in announcing your wedding. Depending on your wedding announcement wording and who you would like to reach, you could use either or all of the below.
- Traditional newspaper.
- Wedding announcement cards.
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Tips On Addressing Wedding Announcement Cards
If you have decided on wedding announcement cards to post to each recipient; then asides the wording for the cards, you would have to address each one. Below are a few tips for preparing and addressing the envelopes.
- The recipient: Make out wedding announcement cards not just to those on your guest list who could not attend, but also those people you were unable to invite to your wedding due to your location size and budget.
- Return address: This is an opportunity to announce your new address/home together, especially if there is a change of address after the wedding.
- Formality: You can address your wedding announcement envelopes formally or informally, depending on the recipients as well as the formality of the wedding.
Bonus: How Do You Announce A Wedding On Social Media?
Whether you need Instagram or Facebook wedding announcement wording, you can announce your wedding in any variety of ways to fit your personality. A private person might choose to post only a photo of the happy couple, or even just the ring finger.
Whatever choice you make, it is important to inform your closest family and friends by dm before making a public post. Choose your caption wording carefully and try not to overshare; some details are best kept private. You can also add a wedding hashtag if you have one and be sure to check your inbox for any responses or social media engagements from your announcement.
Get your wedding announcement wording right the first time round with this simple guide that can be adjusted to fit the preference of any sender, from the couple to the parents, and more.