Wedding arches are trendy, timeless and a toast among modern brides. They give the wedding a facelift and make a statement by being the focal point. How? Arches are multifunctional, moving from the ceremony to reception entrance, photo booth, backdrops, couple’s table, and more. And due to their multidimensional status, they come in various appealing shapes, materials, and wedding arch decoration ideas.wedding arch
Suitable for every wedding theme, they can be square, hexagonal, circular, wooden, metallic, or decorated with blooms, fabrics, and more. It all depends on your arch wedding decor taste. However, for some unique inspo, keep reading.
Flowers Wedding Arch Decoration Ideas
Transform your environment with floral wedding arch decorations, especially in the outdoors.
For a garden wedding, opt for wild grasses to adorn your arch. Complement this look with garden roses, smilax, larkspur, and Italian Ruscus to create a neutral palette.
If you lean towards the natural elements for a traditional wedding, consider moss, alliums, and greenery wedding arch decoration.
The tropical wedding theme will work best with palms, pampas, and vines on your arch. This combination helps to highlight the lush and raw beauty of your venue. But if you love woodland backdrops, simple wedding arch flowers like loosely arranged petal runners will blend with the scene.
The hang on how to decorate a wedding arch with flowers boils down to nailing your wedding theme. For instance, gardenias, spray roses, and fresh ferns will activate an ethereal and intimate forest-themed venue.
If you want something whimsical like a garden theme, cover the arch with sweet peas and peonies.
For bohemian weddings, incorporate the king protea tumbling greenery strands, and intertwined flowers for a wild look.
And for the bride who wants a laid-back outdoorsy ambiance, combine eucalyptus and birch branches.
Rustic Wedding Arch Decoration Ideas
Rustic arch decoration for a wedding is perfect for a minimalist theme and natural settings. There is no limit to creativity, especially with wooden arches outdoors. Lighten your beach ceremony by adorning a birch arch with ranunculus, white hydrangeas, and peonies.
To create a rustic-boho vibe, consider fallen oak branches for the wedding arch decorated with eucalyptus and garden roses.
If edgy and eclectic is your style, infuse a rustic vibe by dressing your arch in bold bloom and greenery.
Who says you can’t do rustic at the beach? Make a statement with a wooden towering arch draped with fabric. Fill the center with bouquets of pampas grass, dried palm leaves, flowers mixed for an enhanced look.
Modern Wedding Arches
Create a focal point for your big day with modern arch decor for the wedding. Acrylic, floral designs, mirrors, and other options can transform your wedding look.
For indoor and outdoor weddings, opt for acrylic materials. They fit into architectural designs and nature, requiring minimal décor while drawing the guests’ focus.
If you dream of postcard backdrops, opt for an all-white polished wood arch. You can switch the arch into countryside style with greenery, willows, and blooms.
Bohemian and minimalist, anyone? Opt for three concentric copper square arches to give you a picture frame illusion. Leave the copper bare, with a natural backdrop of trees for a romantic look.
Geometric Wedding Arch
Geometric arches are popular and suitable for décor and designs like modern, glam, boho, minimalist, among others. From hexagonal to triangle, these fashion-forward and modern shapes are ultra-magnificent. Hexagons are the most sought-after among geometric shapes because they are bold and spectacular.
You can style them for a woodland wedding with evergreen and ferns or tropical weddings with lush blooms and greenery.
Consider pastel blooms, foliage, and pampas grass for boho weddings, or colored floral and dried foliage for fall weddings.
Other shapes include triangles, polygons, and asymmetrical arches. Decorate them with some greenery and pampas grass because glamorous adornment can swamp them, causing loss of shape.
Wedding Arch With Lights
Evening garden-inspired white wedding arch, it’s chic, minimal, and modern. It’s made out of white tulle or fabric, a vast array of off-white flowers which are predominantly white roses. There’s a sprinkle of white petals beneath to make a handmade stage. The tulle features net lights clinging to succulents. This merges with earth tones and the starry sky.
Metal rod frame strung with wild willow vines and embellished with fairy lights. This gives a lone forest path vibe. Ideal for rustic and outdoor weddings, it’s timeless, natural, and mystical. Very simple and easy to create.
How To Make a Wedding Arch
The wedding arch is a functional and ornamental item. They work as entry and exit points for couples at weddings and photo booths. They can also be quite used to surround gifts tables and other creative innovations you can think of.
While it’s easier to just buy one, learning how to make a wedding arch is even more fun and rewarding.
- Cut 4 posts, each should be 80 inches long. They will serve as the legs of your arch.
- Cut out shorter pieces of 48 inches, with opposing angles of 45 degrees on either side. Cut another post of 24 inches with straight angles on either side. And then another post of 12 inches with opposing angles of 45 degrees on either side.
- Scrape off sticky materials, sap, or dust with a putty knife.
- Use manual sandpaper or an electric sander to sand the wood. It removes the bumps and brings about smoothness.
- Mark two inches at each end of the 48 inches post with a pencil.
- Assemble the overhead frame using 24 inches of wood. Let each end of the wood touch the 2inches marks on both sides of the 48 inches wood. Secure this by drilling in wooden nails. This forms the top of the arch.
- Pick the 80 inches posts and fix the legs to each corner of the top frame. Secure them with wooden screws.
- Now, add the diagonal 12-inch pieces under each side of the top frame and secure them with screws.
- Choose your decorations, fabrics, flowers, vines, etc. They must match the wedding colors.
- Drape the fabrics over or twist them along the arch.
- Fix in flowers with staple gum or a hot glue gun. If there are other decorative materials, spread them out evenly. Leave no gaps, unless it’s deliberate.
DIY Wedding Arch Decoration Ideas
Wedding arch decorations are mostly in wooden or wrought iron frames. They get transformed into a stunning sight with flowers and greenery. There is a growing trend which is to incorporate fabrics, lights, jars, bamboos, etc. With everything we’ve compiled so far, we have decoration tips for you, should you choose to DIY them.
- Fabric: To accent the shape of arches, infuse fabrics. The most sought-after choices include organza, chiffon, and tulle. And their thickness is in that order.
- Flowers: Match arch flowers with those on the wedding bouquet. It’s best to hydrate these flowers 24hrs before the wedding and fix them an hour before the start. Roses are the most popular choices. But if there is no time to hydrate, use flowers that can do well pit of water. Two of them include carnations and protea.
- Inclusive accents: Accents are the rave today. Popular for beach and tropical weddings are the seashells. String lights, fairy lights, and candles in mason jars are not left out. There are also the dream catchers, chandeliers, and other metal accents. It’s all about creativity, let it guide you.
The wedding arch is one of the most appreciated and photographed parts of the ceremony. It brings with it some levels of elegance and romance. They come in various styles and shapes to fit different wedding themes. Made from materials such as vines, wood, fabrics, and flowers, they are easy to DIY. You’ll find some styles of wedding arches, DIY tips, and inspiration.
We have offered some enchanting wedding arch decoration ideas that will add some romance and character to your ambiance. They are affordable and easy to DIY for both indoor and outdoor wedding themes. Check them out and get inspired to create magic.