If you’ve recently gotten engaged, you have a lot of planning to do! Setting the date, making the big announcement and of course choosing your engagement photo poses. Once you have decided upon a photographer and a setting, you will want to think of unique poses for your engagement photos.
So, do you want a traditional pose or are you looking for something fun and adventurous? If you are looking for engagement photo ideas you have come to the right place. For this reason, we have consulted with expert wedding and engagement photo photographers to come up with some classic, modern, romantic and unique poses for your engagement photos to give you inspiration.
Ideas for Engagement Photo Poses
Your wedding pictures and engagement photos are something you will cherish for the rest of your life. From lighting to scenery to poses and props, you want your engagement photos to be positively stunning!
Therefore, read on for helpful tips for your engagement photo poses!
Key elements to make your engagement photos rock
Before you book your shoot, you should discuss and plan the following elements with your fiancé and your photographer.
- Setting: For your engagement picture pose, you should choose a setting that is meaningful. It can be anywhere from a scenic park to the place you first met to an exotic location. The choice is yours and the possibilities are endless!
- Lighting: Lighting is critical for any photoshoot. Remember to take the time of day and lighting into consideration. You may need extra flights to help create more shadows. In general, most photographers recommend early afternoon for the best lighting.
- Contrasts: Contrast and texture is also a critical element for any picture. Remember to take the colors and contacts of the backgrounds into consideration when considering your choice of clothing as well as any props.
- The Ring: As many couples choose wedding ring hand poses as part of their engagement photo packaged it is important to make sure that the ring is a key feature in the photos. Have your ring cleaned before the shoot so it is sparkling clean. The bride might want to get a manicure as well so that her hands are at their best.
Classic Engagement Photo Poses
If you are old-fashioned or love tradition, perhaps you want to stick with classic poses for your engagement photos. There is nothing wrong with a classic engagement pose such as the man down on one knee with the ring in front of his soon-to-be fiancé.
Here are some other classic engagement poses for couples for those who want to embrace tradition:
1. Holding hands walking side by side
2. On the dance floor, dancing cheek to cheek
3. Facing each other, arms around each other, gazing into each other’s eyes
4. One partner sitting, while the other stands behind them with a hand on their shoulder.
5. The bride leaning on the groom’s shoulder with her hand on his chest displaying the engagement ring.
Of course, these classic poses might not be for everyone, but if you are someone who loves timeless tradition and classic beauty, these might be just what you’re looking for to enrapture your engagement photos. Anyway, these pictures will never go out of style sitting on your mantle.
Reflective Engagement Picture Ideas
For the couple who is more into artsy and hip photos, reflective photos are a good choice. Reflective pots are those that will show you sharing special moments as a couple.
If you are leaning toward artist and cool engagement photos, you might want to try some of these suggestions:
1. If you got engaged while you are on vacation, you have your photo shoot at a historical landmark. Think Paris and the Eiffel Tower for the epitome of romance!
2. If you live near the beach, you can both be sitting the lifeguard station on the beach at sunset.
3. Fall engagement photo shoots are always gorgeous. Pose in the woods with colored leaves and trees as your background.
4. Go for a walk in the snow and have a picture of your kissing under a streetlight in the snowfall.
5. Go back to the place where you first meet or had your first date for a truly sentimental photo shoot.
In fact, poses such as these will be memorable and romantic, and a bit artsy if you have that certain sense of style!
Funny and Playful Ideas for Engagement Shoots
If traditional and reflective engagement photos aren’t your style, why not try one of these fun engagement photo pose ideas? Who actually says your photos have to be posed, stuffy and boring?
If you yearn for adventure, one of these non-traditional engagement photos might be just what you need to really make your engagement photos stand out!
1. Ask your photographer to take candid shots. Often candid shots are the best and end up capturing some of the perfect moments.
2. If you are animal lovers, include your dog or cat (or whatever!) in your photoshoot!
3. Plan a romantic picnic in the park and take some candid shots.
4. Go on a ride at an amusement park, such as the carousel or Ferris wheel.
5. Dress up as your favorite fictional characters.
In addition, many modern couples turn to fun ideas such as a diy photo booth to capture some fun and spontaneous moments. Thus, let your engagement photos embody who you are as a couple and have a good time!
Creative and Unique Engagement Photos
If you want to take it one step further and think outside the box, why not try one of these ideas for creative engagement photos? But, you don’t have to book an expensive session with a photographer. If you have a friend who is handy with a camera, you can easily take some diy engagement photos.
Check out these ideas for unique poses for engagement photos!
1. Have a slumber party and take pictures in your pjs, snuggled up watching a movie.
2. If you both love to read, go to a library or your favorite book store. Or sit in a coffee shop reading your favorite novels over a cup of coffee.
3. Take some candid shots at your engagement party and make a photo collage!
4. Go to a wine tasting, brewery or your favorite pub and take some candid shots.
5. If you like adventure, take some shots of the two of you rock climbing, parasailing or even skydiving.
Source: Simply Cherished, CHARD Photographer, Luster Studios
See, there are plenty of cute engagement photo ideas! And you can’t go wrong adding a little flavor into the mix to make your engagement photos personal and unique!
So, are you ready to take the chance and go for the fun photoshoot? Then you can say goodbye to cheesy engagement and wedding photos! Really show off your style and personality with one of these ideas, or come up with your own!
We hope we have inspired you with our ideas for engagement photo poses!