Among the best honeymoon places in Hawaii, the state’s exquisite natural beauty, warm hospitality, and romantic atmosphere make it a premier global destination. Newlyweds seeking an exceptional experience are drawn to the picturesque setting of immaculate beaches, lush tropical forests, and breathtaking panoramas.
This post delves into the best honeymoon places in Hawaii, renowned for the perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and lavishness they offer.
Brides Often Ask
Is Hawaii good for a honeymoon?
Absolutely. Hawaii is one of the top global honeymoon destinations due to its stunning natural beauty and romantic atmosphere.
What part of Hawaii is best for a honeymoon?
Each part of Hawaii has its unique charm. But Maui, Kauai, and Big Island are some of the best honeymoon destinations.
What is the most romantic place in Hawaii?
A popular romantic destination in Hawaii is Maui. Known for its stunning beaches, breathtaking sunsets, and luxurious resorts.
It is the perfect honeymoon destination for couples seeking a mix of adventure and relaxation.
What to do: Spend your days lounging on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Such as Kaanapali Beach and Makena Beach. For an adventure, hike through Haleakala National Park, visit the Maui Ocean Center, or take a helicopter tour of the island. For accommodations,
Where to stay:
- The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua is a top-tier resort situated on Maui’s northwestern coast. Set amidst lush greenery and breathtaking ocean views, it offers exceptional amenities and services, including fine dining, a championship golf course, and a spa designed to pamper the most discerning guests.
- The Fairmont Kea Lani is a luxurious beachfront resort located in Wailea, Maui. It boasts spacious suites, exquisite dining options, and a wide range of recreational activities, including a spa, multiple pools, and a championship golf course. The resort offers a quintessential Hawaiian vacation experience.
Travel tip: Make sure to try some of the local Hawaiian cuisines, such as poke and shave ice.
Oahu is a popular honeymoon destination for couples seeking a mix of city and nature experiences.
What to do: Visit some of the most iconic landmarks, such as the USS Arizona Memorial and Diamond Head, or soak up the sun on the famous Waikiki Beach. For a more secluded experience, visit Lanikai Beach or hike the Makapu’u Lighthouse Trail.
Where to stay:
- Kahala Hotel & Resort is a prestigious oceanfront property nestled in a quiet residential area of Honolulu, Hawaii. Renowned for its legendary service and luxurious amenities, the resort offers guests the ultimate tropical getaway, with refined accommodations, gourmet dining, and a serene spa.
- Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina is a premier luxury resort situated on the scenic western coast of Oahu. Offering breathtaking ocean views and world-class amenities, the resort provides guests with a serene oasis to relax and indulge in the ultimate island experience.
Travel tip: Rent a car to explore the island’s hidden gems, such as the North Shore and the Koko Crater Botanical Garden.
Kauai, known as the “Garden Isle,” is the perfect honeymoon destination for couples seeking a romantic and secluded experience.
What to do: Hike the trails of the Na Pali Coast or Waimea Canyon, visit the Kilauea Lighthouse, or take a helicopter tour of the island.
Where to stay:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa is a premium resort nestled amidst lush tropical gardens and a pristine beachfront. The resort boasts 604 luxurious guest rooms, exceptional dining options, and an award-winning spa, offering a complete indulgent retreat for travelers seeking the ultimate Hawaiian escape.
- Koa Kea Hotel Resort is a luxurious beachfront retreat located on the sunny south shore of Kauai, Hawaii. With elegantly designed rooms, exceptional amenities, and unparalleled service, Koa Kea offers an idyllic Hawaiian escape for discerning travelers seeking relaxation, adventure, and indulgence.
Travel tip: Take a scenic drive on Kauai’s North Shore, stopping at beaches, waterfalls, and the charming town of Hanalei.
Lanai is a secluded and luxurious honeymoon destination for couples seeking privacy and relaxation.
What to do: Take a sunset cruise along the coast, and play a round of golf at the Manele Golf Course. Or explore the island’s rugged terrain at the Garden of the Gods.
Where to stay:
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai is a luxurious oasis nestled on the pristine island of Lanai. Boasting world-class amenities, breathtaking views, and exceptional service, it offers a serene escape for discerning travelers seeking the ultimate in relaxation and indulgence.
- Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort is a world-renowned wellness destination situated on the serene island of Lanai. Boasting state-of-the-art facilities, expert coaching, and immersive programming, it offers a unique opportunity to cultivate lasting health and wellness in a luxurious and tranquil setting.
Travel tip: Visit Lanai’s Hulopoe Bay for excellent snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing on the beach. Keep an eye out for spinner dolphins!
Hawaii Island (Big Island)
The Big Island is the perfect honeymoon destination for couples seeking outdoor adventures and natural wonders.
What to do: Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park to see the Kilauea volcano. Snorkel with manta rays at Keauhou Bay, or take a scenic helicopter tour of the island.
Where to stay:
- The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is an iconic resort that sets the standard for luxury accommodations on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii. With its breathtaking beachfront location, exceptional service, and elegant amenities, it offers a unique blend of sophistication and relaxation for discerning travelers.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is a luxurious oceanfront retreat located on the Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. It presents an array of premium offerings, such as exquisite dining, a championship golf course, a serene spa, and the opportunity to enjoy a picturesque white-sand beach. Its exceptional service and stunning natural surroundings make it an ideal destination for discerning travelers seeking an indulgent escape.
Travel tip: Pack layers as the weather can vary greatly from the coast to the mountains. Don’t forget to try the famous Kona coffee while on the island.
For the best honeymoon places in Hawaii, look no further than its diverse islands. From adventure to relaxation, seclusion to luxury, Hawaii’s warm hospitality, natural beauty, and romantic ambiance guarantee an unforgettable experience. Pack your bags and head to Hawaii for the honeymoon of a lifetime.