A wedding diet plan is not the same as starving yourself to death. The process of planning a wedding is already stressful as it is. But you still need a bride diet to get you in shape before your wedding. This is because, there are lots of tastings to do, which could give you some weight.
Your pre-wedding diet does not have to be anything bogus, new or complex. Simple meals which you are familiar with, a healthy lifestyle and discipline are all there is to it.
In this post, you will find how to go about your diet for your wedding and beyond.
Wedding Diet Tips Before You Get Started
Before you get started with the whole weight loss journey, know this. There are some wedding diet tips and tips of weight loss for a wedding you should know. The aim of getting on a diet for the wedding is to help you slim down. Not just that, you need to stay healthy even as you plan your wedding.
These tips are the best ways to lose weight for a wedding, and also simple. It is something you can keep up with even after your wedding. Your overall health, hair, skin, and nails will thank you for it.
The tips are;
- Go for a health check. See your doctor to get a clean bill of health. If there’s anything you’re suffering from, you’d know how to moderate your diet to suit.
- Clearly define your goals and what you want to achieve with the weight loss.
- Detox. Take in fruit and vegetable smoothies and fruits at the beginning of your journey. They help you detoxify your system.
- Make a meal plan that suits your lifestyle. One you can keep up with.
- Keep your meals simple. Do not experiment with anything you’ve never had. You can only be flexible with your meal plan.
- Avoid processed food, limit or cut refined sugar.
- Rule out sweetened beverages, refined carbs, and alcohol.
- Get active. A brisk walk, jogging, and other indoor exercises if you have no gym membership.
- No cheat meals for the first three weeks.
- Get a support system. Maybe your fiancé, best friends or maid of honor.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take enough rest.
12 Months Wedding Diet Plan
Your wedding diet plan is best started 12 months to your wedding. 12 months is long enough for you to lose that weight gradually. It will give you ample time to adapt to your routine. You will also look like a bombshell in time for your wedding. As the cake tasting is important for your wedding, so is your body important for your health and dress.
The plan is not to ignore some foods and eat others, because you need all. Moderation is the watchword so that you won’t suffer from deficiency.
Find your 12 months wedding diet plan below.
- Begin regular work out routines. You don’t need a gym membership. Getting active by talking walks is good enough. But actually working out will do more good.
- Take more proteins. Do more of lean and omega 3 rich proteins. Turkey, eggs, seafood. This increases your metabolism and suppresses the urge to eat. It also heals and tones your muscles.
- Take unrefined carbs. Avoid polished rice. Take foods brown rice, basmati rice, and sweet potatoes instead. Whole grains have a low glycemic index, which is healthy.
- Include Fiber and fruits like apples, bananas, carrots, pineapple, watermelon, and vegetables to your diet. It gives bulk, suppresses hunger and aids digestion. With fibers, you will not run the risk of constipation or bloating with fibers. Incorporate a variety of smoothies into your pre-wedding diet plan. Experiment with fruits, nuts, and veggies. Keep your calories in check.
- Space into bits. Space your food into bits. Instead of eating bulky foods, three times a day, break into portions. Eat little portions of food five times a day and snack between.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and a way for the body to refuel. Do not also begin with heavy foods. Start with something light, like lime water, then an egg and some veggies. You can also take some salad and some meat.
- Live a little. Don’t forget to live, because of your diet. Once in a while, have some pizza.
Wedding Diet Plan for 6 Months
For that natural glow, you’re still on time for a wedding diet plan for 6 months. You will take a lot of decisions and put some plans in motion to burn that weight. It is still a gradual process and you have enough time to find what works for you. The best way to lose weight for a wedding is to work clean, yet consistently.
Below are tips to work your way 6 months down.
- Begin your day with detox and breakfast. Warm lemon juice or green tea and soaked almonds are the best. They flush your system and lemons contain vitamin c. They also contain antioxidants that rejuvenate your skin. You can then have breakfast of oats and veggies. Maybe egg white omelet and orange juice.
- Take baby steps with food swaps. Do not suddenly cut your foods. Take it one steps at a time and adjust gradually. There is time.
- Say goodbye to bread. Swap for whole grains instead. Those are healthier carbs.
- Avoid sugars after dinner. If the urge persists, snack on berries or dark chocolate. They contain antioxidants which removed skin radicals. Refined sugars also give you dental caries. Bacteria will act on them in your mouth, while you sleep.
- Get your exercise on. Cardio is one very important exercise to do while losing weight. It ensures blood circulation, and optimum health while losing weight.
Wedding Diet Plan 3 Months
There is still time to make changes with your wedding diet 3 months plan. Simply calculate the number of calories you need to lose, and put in the work. At this level, it’s only 12 weeks left. You are getting busier and closer to your wedding. Your wedding checklist gets longer by the minute. There is much to do, from the cake tasting to the food tasting and more. You are in danger of ruining your bridal diet and putting on weight.
Now is the time to get more disciplined and below is what to do.
- Maintain focus and be accountable to yourself. As your wedding draws close, it’s harder to stick to routines. You become too busy to keep up. Get a self-help app, like MyFitnessPal app or Fitner. A place where you trainers who do routines in real time. It will help with your discipline.
- Eliminate caffeine and alcohol.
- Do away with processed and refined carbs. Do not touch cereal, white rice, bread or pasta with a barge pole. Replace with complex carbs like quinoa, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and low hypoglycemic fruits. It will give you bursts of energy and enhance longer satisfaction.
- Incorporate veggies into your food. Your hair, skin, nails, and eyes will love them. Spinach, salad, broccoli, zucchini, and more are great.
- Begin training for stamina and tone. This increases your metabolism and keeps you fit. Do planks, push-ups, squats, lunges and more.
4 Weeks Diet Plan Before the Wedding
A 4-week diet plan would require extensive research. This is because, at this point, time is quite limited. You can only go with something that is safe and brings results. The steps are simple, but require a high level of discipline.
Here is what to do…
- Scrap all gluten and high-level diary from your food. Incorporating them in your food at this time can cause bloating and inflammation. Take them out and you’d get a rapid burst of energy. Your skin will also breathe.
- Make collagen a part of your diet. It is good for your nails, teeth, skin, and hair. Add it to your morning water and coffee. You’ll see results in days.
- Take lots of water. It helps you detox and hydrate.
- Consume healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, and nut butter. Coconut oil is also a very good source. They contain lots of vitamins that help the body.
- Begin yoga and Pilate’s class in addition to your previous routines. It is getting busier and the pressure is mounting. You need to occasionally relax and de-stress. This is what yoga does. It soothes you and helps you de-stress. You also send out sweat which is a way to detox. Finally, your flexibility increases.
Pre-Wedding Diets – Hollywood Stars Stories
Over the years, many celebrities have followed one plan or the other to stay fit. Some even adopted drastic pre-wedding diets prior to their wedding. They are quite obsessed with their bodies and want to look ageless forever. While a lot followed the easy and surgical route, a few went on a diet.
We will look at a few of them.
Meghan Markle’s Wedding Diet
The Suits star shares here shredding for the wedding routines which she applied. She has always been a fitness lover with a yoga instructor mom. She’s a frequent and intense vinyasa member. She says it reduces her stress and has lots of health benefits.
It helped her build lean muscle and control her food portions. She is vegan and only snacks on apples, almond butter, and juices during the week.
Juices and large protein filled salad are a part of her lunch. Her protein sources are legumes, dry peas, beans, and lentils. This helped her with weight-loss.
She says she doesn’t restrict herself. Do what your body loves but within reason.
Serena Williams Diet Plan
Serena is an elite athlete who had a tough delivery before her wedding. She also had to get back in the game after all that.
She says she hates the gym but follows a grueling work out plan that maintains her body. The sports star is particular about keeping away from injury and enhancing endurance, flexibility and muscle functions.
She does cardio, Zumba, running, cycling, and swimming. Strength training on her arms, legs, and abdomen. Serena is on a raw and vegan diet. She takes more of nuts, beans, lentil, and sprouted quinoa.
She incorporates oats, toasted Ezekiel bread, brown rice, chicken, and fruits. Serena says she cheats with pizza, chips, and tacos, once in a while.
Kate Middleton’s Dukan Diet
Kate Middleton slimmed down for the royal wedding, by following the Dukan diet. She started with straight protein and veggies. The routine was then split into three phases, depending on the weight-loss plan.
Looking drop dead gorgeous on your wedding day is an unforgettable sight. So, we understand why you have to stay in shape.
But this wedding diet plan is beyond the wedding. It extends into a healthy lifestyle for after your wedding.
Checkup best ways to lose weight for a wedding, regardless of the time. Look smashing on your day, and sustain the lifestyle.
Wedding Diet Tips Before You Get Started
The diet does not work on 100 percent without physical activity.
Do not try to train every day. Your body needs to have time to rest. An optimal exercise schedule should include two or three 50-60 minutes of workouts a week.
Include cardio exercises to increase metabolism with strength training. You need to tone and build lean muscle, so start with some easy workouts to lose weight, increasing the intensity every week. Consult a trainer to make your workout more effective.
Special for your home workout we’ve made a beautiful infographic. Click “Pin” and save it!