Following a successful marriage proposal is often the first of many pre-wedding celebrations, the engagement party. The type of party is usually determined by the number of guests, the budget and even the time of year. With so many places to have an engagement party, it can be hard to choose.
Consider either of these locations for the perfect engagement party, no matter your stye, tastes or your budget.
Brides often Ask
How To Hold An Inexpensive Party
Hosting an inexpensive party usually involves some out of the box ideas, such as throwing the party at home, make it a potluck, limit the number of guests, and DIY the party décor.
What Is The Average Cost For An Engagement Party?
The average cost for an engagement party is $1,500 more or less. However, if you are costing per head, then a budget of $20 to $30 per person should suffice.
Private Home or Backyard
Couples who have a tight budget might be looking for cheap places to have an engagement party. One great and not always so obvious choice is at home. A private home for an intimate celebration could be just the answer. This could be your place or a friend’s place.
- Planning an engagement party at home is the most affordable choice for most couples.
- Whether you’re having it in the house or backyard, friends and family would feel very comfortable here, as it would have a casual vibe.
- The space needs little decor and can be decorated as far in advance as you like and in any style you choose.
- The guest list would be limited to the size of the home or backyard being used.
- If using the outdoors backyard, you’d need to pay special attention to the weather and have a plan B in case it turns.
- Home parties need to respect the noise regulations of the neighborhood.
A favorite restaurant is one of the best places to have an engagement party as it would readily supply the food and drinks. It also comes pre equipped with tables and chairs, a lovely ambiance and perhaps even a bar.
- This is a good choice whether you’re having a large or small party, as you can either reserve the whole restaurant, a back room or a large table for your party.
- Hosts needn’t bother about cooking or cleanup afterwards.
- The event can be as casual or as formal as you choose.
- A restaurant isn’t always the cheapest option as you’ll have to pay what the restaurant requests.
- You might be limited to the restaurants already existing menu and won’t be able to create one of your own.
- Scheduling a date would depend on availability and the timeline of the restaurant.
Beach or Park
Beaches and parks are always fun places to have an engagement party. The great outdoors has an appeal that can’t be matched by many locations.
- These locations come with breathtaking views and backdrops that need little help making them more beautiful.
- Great spaces for a formal or informal party with the possibility for games, a BBQ and more.
- It’s an affordable choice for couples on a budget.
- You are at the mercy of the weather, so will need to schedule around it.
- A permit is often required to use these spaces.
- There might be regulations as well as a limit on how much time the space can be used for the party.
Country Club or Banquet Hall
Country clubs and banquet halls are good places to have an engagement party, especially if you’re looking to have a formal celebration.
- For a country club it could incur a low cost or even come free if you are a member.
- A country club often has indoor and outdoor options you can choose from depending on the style of your party and time of year.
- A banquet hall is a perfect choice for a large engagement celebration.
- A banquet hall can be inflexible and limits you to a formal engagement type celebration.
- A banquet hall might not be a cheaper option, requiring a rental fee unlike the country club.
- For both locations, catering, drinks and music would need to be arranged, either with the venue or with party vendors.
Winery or Brewery
Some of the most unique places to have an engagement party are wineries or breweries. These locations are picturesque hidden gems that make perfect venues.
- The locations of these venues often mean privacy and a lot of it.
- Usually with breathtaking views, you can have the best photoshoots and Instagramable pictures for your socials.
- No need to worry about alcohol; these venues have plenty to offer.
- Usually found in out of the way locations, transport and logistics would need to be put in mind for the guests.
- These venues are usually not on the cheap side, also catering, decor and entertainment would need to be arranged.
- Depending on the distance from the city center, accommodation might have to be planned for guests who would want to spend the night.
Art Gallery or Museum
Museums and art galleries are great engagement party locations for couples who are art inclined. Wgile there are many advantages to using these spaces, there are also a few disadvantages.
- The art serves as backdrop for the most artistic photos and social media posts.
- The serene atmosphere of these locations make them perfect for a formal and sophisticated affair.
- Very little decoration is needed for such an urbane location.
- The space can limit the amount of guests
- Unless you’re using one of the smaller galleries or museums, the fees could be pricey.
- These venues do not come with entertainment, drinks or catering, so the hosts would need to manage that themselves.
Boat or Yacht
Another picturesque and out of the way venue for an engagement party is on a boat or a yacht. What better way to enjoy time with friends and loved ones, than on a sunset cruise?
- A cruise comes with the built in breathtaking view of the sea and is perfect for a nautical theme.
- This can be an affordable option, depending on the size and type of vessel.
- Music and entertainment is easy on a boat, as a per-made playlist can play in the background, and guests can even take a dip if the weather permits.
- Celebrations like this are at the mercy of the weather, so will need proper scheduling.
- Depending on the size and type of vessel, it might not be the cheapest option.
- Guests who easily get seasick would not enjoy this choice of venue.
Whether you are looking for traditional options or more unique spaces for your engagement party, this list can help you discover the perfect location. Venues that would fit whatever style, budget or party size.