Congratulations on being chosen for the job of giving a toast. The couple must really cherish you as you do them. However, while getting the slot is one thing, giving a memorable toast is often a dilemma. A perfect toast combines heartfelt words, thoughtfulness, and humor for balance. It also involves sipping drinks in agreement with good wishes for the couple. And if you want to make guests’ bellies laugh, funny wedding toasts are the right fit. Humor comes naturally to a few, but many would need help. If you fall in the latter category, see our guide to writing the best funny quick wedding toasts. We’ve curated samples and tips that you can adopt, mirror, or take inspiration from.
Frequently Asked Questions
Funny Quotes for Your Wedding Toast
There are many ways to get funny quotes for wedding toasts. They could be original or come from your favorite movies, books, and poems like the examples below.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.- Elizabeth Gilbert
To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.
– Ogden Nash
The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast.
– Gabriel Garcia Marquez
It is sometimes essential for a husband and a wife to quarrel—they get to know each other better.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I promise not to keep score, even if I am totally winning.
I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
– Rita Rudner
Marriage is getting to have a sleep-over with your best friend, every single night of the week.
– Christie Cook
Funny Toasts for Friends
If you’re looking for funny wedding reception toasts that will stay on your friend’s mind forever, we’ve got you covered. Try these ideas for maid of honor, best man, and friends.
Toasts for Best Man#1
The best funny wedding toasts from the best man involve four components:
- Funny groom stories
- Sweet words for the bride
- An upbeat conclusion
It should never be under one minute or five minutes. Also, no pressure because this isn’t the time to impress anyone with your brilliance. Also, memorize most of your toast, but you can also print it out for the wedding. See some examples below.
- …and to my esteemed audience, if you can still sand, raise your glass to the couple. I give you the newest Mr. and Mrs. Name.
- As a rule, the best man speech must involve a toast. Fortunately, the best kind of toast for me is French, so, Buvons à Ce couple Heureux.
- I end this speech with one of my favorite quotes from Oscar Wilde, “The man who says his wife can’t take a joke forgets that she took him.” Here’s to Name and name.
Wedding Toasts for Maid Of Honor#2
When giving a maid of honor a toast, include a short fun memory of the bride and also offer congratulations to the couple. Ensure to write how you speak so it doesn’t look like you’re reading an essay. Be natural and put your thoughts in bullet points that will help you remember. Also keep your toast clear, decent, and brief like our free funny wedding toasts maid of honor below.
- …and without forgetting the two secrets to a long-lasting happy marriage, raise your glasses to a good sense of humor and a short memory.
- To the bride and groom who cannot live without each other, may the roof of your home never cave in, and may you both never fall out.
- Here’s to the one who’ll always be a bride and to your forever groom, May all your troubles be weightless as bubbles or like light feathers in the air.
Wedding Toasts for Friends#3
The secret to writing funny wedding toasts one-liners begins with the art of storytelling. You also have to make a point, create a theme and build around your idea. Lastly, keep it engaging and bring your story to a climax that will get everyone laughing. See some of our best toast sample ideas below.
- I think men may be from Mars while women come from Venus, but the two of you are so in love and into each other that the universe feels the heat. Raise your glasses to these love birds!
- I have been in this marriage game for king and Here’s a piece of advice, don’t ever stop laughing even when the joke becomes lame.
- It takes a lot to get me dressed up, not even for anyone. But when two lovebirds that I love ask me to pull out all the stops, I show up and celebrate. So here’s to more love, life, and celebration.
Funny Toasts for Family Members
Who best to make the couple laugh than family? Do a perfect job by taking a cue from these funny wedding toasts’ examples.
Wedding Toasts for Father of the Bride#1
As the father of the bride, pour accolades on your daughter and welcome the groom. Share sweet memories of your daughter and reminder her of your love. You have up to six minutes to charm the guests and make them laugh. Do take ideas from these examples we’ve curated below.
- As a veteran in the game, I’m telling you to remember that marriage is only a union with two people where one person is always right and the other is you. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.
- One of the toughest decisions I’ve ever made in my life is giving my daughter away. Everyone knows I’m not a generous person.
- They say the older wine stays, the better it gets. But there’s just one secret—remember to always put the cork in it.
Wedding Toasts for Father of the Groom#2
The funny wedding toasts to the groom would sound like a man talking to his buddy. It can also read like a father imparting knowledge to the newlyweds, seeing that you have more experience. These toasts take a jab at him with childhood memories. But you’ll also remind him of how much you love him and would always be there for him. See some examples below.
- To the new couple, may the sun not set on your anger because we know who would sleep on the couch. A toast to my son who’s become a man and my new daughter whom we have to pamper.
- Raise your glasses to the couple as they honor their vows to love, hold and annoy each other for the rest of their lives.
- We may not get to play soccer together anymore, but I happily concede to your wife. I have a new daughter after all. Live long, happy, and in love. Cheers.
Wedding Toasts for Mother of the Bride#3
If words aren’t your strong suits, short funny wedding toasts will do. Simply say something meaningful to your daughter and transfer wisdom. Then throw in some quotes about finding happiness. If you have a favorite quote or a poem that binds the both of you. Sometimes, you may also quote a famous line to relay your emotions and thoughts. See some toast ideas.
- Here’s to the man who conquered my daughter’s heart and mine, and to the bride whos the apple of my eye and the center of her man’s world. May you love and annoy each other for as long as you live. Cheers to the couple
- To the bride and groom of my heart, may your wedding be short, your marriage be long, and may we all be invited to your golden wedding celebrations. Raise your drinks to name and name.
- To my baby and the man of her heart, take your coffee every morning to avoid grumpiness and a cap of honey at night for sweetness. Cheers to my children, bow, and always.
Wedding Toasts for Mother of the Groom#4
Add some character to your funny wedding toasts mother bride ideas with a personal story. It could be from his childhood, especially if he was a happy baby. Also break the ice with sweet moments you shared, while giving insight about who he is. Finish with a sweet toast that conveys your love but makes everyone laugh. See some toasts ideas below.
- Glasses raised to the groom, a man who has lost his heart to a damsel but keeps his head. May you be happy for the rest of your lives.
- I am old school, but this is a new world. So, I wish you love, modern enough to sail the times and old-fashioned enough to last a lifetime.
- I hope you love yourselves only as best friends can, and be friends only ad lovers can. Join me as I raise my drink to the newlyweds.
Wedding Toasts for Sister/Brother#5
Sibling rivalry is a thing, especially when it’s healthy. Bring it to the wedding in your funny brother’s wedding toasts. And even if you’re her sister, there are fun memories that you can share. Remind your sibling that you love them, sing a song, or recite a poem that connects both of you. And throw in some fun jabs for good measure. Finish with a hilarious toast that is unforgettable. See some funny toast ideas.
- Just let you know brother, love is blind and marriage is the eye-opener opener. With that said, raise your glasses to the newlyweds. May they make a happy couple forever.
- May all your ups and downs, highs and low, tough and soft, happen only in the bedroom. Happy married life and cheers to Name and name.
- To my sister, may she share everything with her husband, including the domestic chores? Happy married life once again. Cheers!
One-Line Wedding Toasts
One-Line Wedding Toasts are catchy, entertaining, and straight to the point. See some meaningful funny wedding toasts samples below.
- If you want to wish the couple good luck in a concise line, this example is a great idea. It’d also be great for wishing your friend.
“May the biggest blessings you wish for be the least you get.”
- Add a twist of humor to your toast for the couple. Here’s a toast you can say for your best buddy.
“May your cellar be filled always with wines, and may all of your tumbles be under the covers.”
- Here’s a toast that advises the couple even while wishing them well. This toast is perfect for parents to the couple.
“May the love you’ve celebrated and shown to each other today always be the first guiding light during any trying times in the future.”
- For a toast that blesses the couple, here’s a great idea to adopt. It’s suitable for anyone to say.
“Whether rich or poor, quick or slow, may you know only happiness from this day till forever.”
- If you want to convey your best wishes in a toast, try this sample. It’s great for parents, siblings, and friends.
“May your love stay fresh and last, until the sunset and beyond.”
- Say a prayer for the couple that doubles ad a toast. This example is appropriate for the parents of the couple.
“May you never remember what is best forgotten and forget what is worth remembering.”
- Parents who prefer saying a traditional prayer with depth would love this idea.
“Look down on this couple you gods, and drop a blessed crown.”
Weddings are meant for celebration, merriment, and laughter. And what better way to keep the fire burning than funny wedding toasts? Anyone can give a toast from parents to siblings, and friends at the wedding party. But make it count with the beautiful ideas that we curated. Also, learn how to create one, what to focus on, and the best way to deliver them. Check this post for tips to help you give the best toast of a lifetime.