Deciding on the right shoes to buy for your wedding and how much to spend can be a problem, but it shouldn’t be. If you stick to certain helpful rules while making this purchase, you wouldn’t need to worry about how much to spend on wedding shoes.
No matter the choice you make, apart from staying on budget, make sure that the shoes are comfortable. Comfort is key on such a special day, plus you wouldn’t want to regret a purchase.
Read on for more helpful tips on how much to spend on your wedding shoes.
Most Popular Types Of Wedding Shoes
When thinking about how much to pay for wedding shoes, it’s necessary to remember that the type of shoes also determine the cost. If you’re wondering what most brides are choosing to wear, then have a look at some of the most popular bridal shoes and the percentage of brides choosing them.
- Traditional high heels (33%): Most brides go for traditional bridal high heels as they look great and can be worn with most dress styles.
- Flat or sandal (27%): The next popular are flats and sandals. These are for the brides looking for comfort and some style as well.
- Kitten heel (10%): Kitten heels are chic and comfortable, so you can eat your cake and have it with this choice.
- Bridal sneaker (6%): The bridal sneaker is fast becoming a popular choice and a great option for an edgy style.
- Wedge (4%): The wedge can give you the best comfort, but you might be sacrificing some of that style.
- Other shoes: Barefoot, ballroom dance shoes, cowboy boots, rain boots, flip flops, etc
Wedding Shoes Average Cost
If you’re still asking well, ‘how much should you spend on your wedding shoes’? You might be glad to hear that most brides spend under $100 on their wedding shoes. Many brides try to invest less in shoes that they might get to wear only once. However, if their choice of bridal shoes is a pair they can wear even after, then their budget could go higher.
- Low (under $100): Bridal shoes of about $30 to $80 can be considered low priced.
- Average ($100-400): The average price for a pair of bridal shoes would be between $100 and $400.
- High (above $400): Bridal shoes within the range of $400 to $1,000 would be considered as highly priced.
What To Pay Attention To
While price is important, choosing bridal shoes isn’t just about figuring out how much the wedding shoes should cost. There are a few other vital points to consider.
- The length of your wedding dress: consider the length of your wedding dress when choosing your bridal shoes. Perhaps wear a similar shoe style when going to try on your dress to see how they fit.
- The height of your husband-to-be: You could consider the height of your partner as well. If you are close in height, you might consider shorter heels, so you don’t tower over them in photos or during your vows.
- How far you must walk: If you’ll be doing a lot of walking on your wedding day, then you must consider comfort when choosing your bridal shoes. However, if you’ll go from car straight into the venue, then you can rock those stilettos as long as you like.
Dos And Don’ts When Choosing Wedding Shoes
With the right guide on choosing the perfect bridal shoes, you won’t have to worry about how much the wedding shoes cost. There are a lot of other factors to consider, all around your budget. So, here are a few helpful do’s and don’ts.
- Choose your dress first: Be sure to choose your dress before buying your shoes. Know the style and fabric of your wedding dress before choosing the shoes that will best go with it.
- Think about your bridal style: Not only that they should reflect your personality, but they should match very well with the place where the event will happen.
- Think about location: If your wedding will be outdoors, you’d want to avoid soft fabric shoes that can get dirty. Leather would be a better idea unless you’re having a summer wedding, then it would be too hot for that. And, a beach wedding would require footwear that wouldn’t get damaged in water.
- Don’t choose shoes at the last moment: You want to be sure of your choice, so don’t wait until the last minute when you’d be rushed. Make sure you even have enough time to break them in if you can for added comfort.
- Don’t opt for uncomfortable variants: Comfort is key on such a special day. You should take this into consideration since you’ll be standing a lot.
- Don’t be afraid of color: Don’t limit your choices by color. If a particular color will go well with your look, keep an open mind. You just might fall in love with it.
When considering how much wedding shoes are, and how much you’re willing to pay for them, it’s a good idea to include additional costs in your budget. For instance, when ordering shoes online, there’s additional costs for shipping, which can be $5 or more. So, this is another aspect to keep in mind for your wedding shoes budget.
Getting the right wedding dress is important, but so is the right pair of bridal shoes at the right price. Figuring out how much to spend on wedding shoes will help with your wedding budget, but there so much that goes along with it. Decide on all the extras and you’ll without a doubt, be able to find the perfect shoes for you at the right price as well.