The thought of spring weddings brings a lot of expectations and dreamy feelings to mind. This is because you begin to see lots of blooms and pastels to create stunning wedding themes for spring.
A spring wedding is stylish and spring couples are stunning. And although it may cost more than in winter, the spring colors won’t let you be. This may be why 21 percent of about to Wed couples opt for spring weddings. An outdoor spring wedding is about one of the most romantic ceremony.
Now, there are a few cons, especially with the spring break and hike in accommodation, venue, and transportation. But with the seasonal flowers in bloom and fantastic simple wedding ideas for spring. We will show you how to save costs and have a blast all at once in this post. But first, let’s find out what to expect from the spring weather.
Spring Weather Expectations
The spring weather presents a comfortable atmosphere for a wedding. It’s warm, bright and beautiful. But if the elements decide to attend your wedding? Below are some helpful tips to contain them.
- Rent a tent if it’s going to rain or for when the sun scorches.
- Make umbrellas available for when it rains.
- If the ground becomes a muddy mess, you can rent flooring along with a tent.
- Wear themed wellies to protect your heels, and give your bridesmaids boots to match spring colored wedding dresses.
- Make available fans and parasol for the comfort of guests in the heatwave.
- Prepare chilled beverages like lemonades and tea to keep guests cool in hot weather.
- In the spring, weathers can drop so low by evenings, making it chilly. Let out of town guests know on invites and website to dress for the weather.
- Book for portable heaters in tents and blankets to keep guests warm.
Spring Color Palette
Spring weddings are so romantic. This is when nature wakes up from winter bringing bursts of color with it. Combine the beauty of sunny skies, seasonal blooms, and pastel-colored Easter eggs to create a stunning palette. Check out some palettes of spring wedding colors 2019 for your wedding party, cake, décor, and bouquets.
- Pale grey, butter, yellow, and an ivory backdrop. For blooms, centerpieces and cake design.
- Exert your feminine mystique with a combination of pastel pink and bright purple. Finish with a neutral white backdrop.
- For vintage inspired cake, floral arrangements and centerpieces, combine mint and coral.
- Go country style for spring wedding decorations with cornflower, navy, and chartreuse. Finish with a backdrop of white gingham touch and small blues.
- Want an ideal backdrop for bouquets in muted color schemes? Combine the fruity peach and pale yellow.
- For elegant ballrooms, do royal pale blues and ivory. Works great for dresses.
Spring Wedding Flowers To Use
Source: avamoorephotography via Instagram, lovealwaysfloral via Instagram, cherry_blossom_mex via Instagram
What makes the thought of a spring wedding unique is the beautiful blooming flowers. This is when the most popular flowers bloom and a great way to cut costs. You have an endless array to choose from, all of which come in colors to suit your theme.
- For a vintage wedding theme for spring, use chrysanthemums and Daphne flower for bouquets. Waxflower for floral arrangements and evergreen shrubs as fillers.
- If you want a modern wedding, use poppies for centerpieces, grass rose and tulips for bouquets.
- Going the bohemian way, Pincushion Protea, and Israeli Ruscus for floral arrangements. Peruvian lily for bouquets.
- Beach wedding? Use anemones for floral arrangements due to its versatility. Carnations will stand out for bouquets.
- Astilbe, hellebore, and garden rose flowers will do great for a whimsical themed wedding.
- Lush peonies, ranunculus, eucalyptus, and pampas grass go well with the rustic theme. For bouquets, décor, and centerpieces.
Wedding Themes For Spring
Source: dreamsceneevents via Instagram, kaykroshus via Instagram, maggiealvarezphotography via Instagram
A spring wedding works with lots of themes due to available blooms. From the ceremony decor to the bouquets dresses, and the spring wedding reception ideas, it’s a colorful parade.
- For the unconventional and chic bride, your best bet is the bohemian theme. Messy hair, wildflowers and all.
- The vintage themed spring wedding sends you back to the old world charm. Something old, yet elegant and timeless.
- Take us back to nature with the rustic themed wedding vibe for spring. Weather-beaten wood, greenery, foliage, daffodils, and burlap keeps us wishing.
- Modern and classic themes are for the new age brides that want to make a statement. Or you prefer whimsical themes for the wanderlust bride? Bare feet, messy up-dos, pastel-colored dresses and the gypsy feeling.
- Last is the country style with lots of simple and minimal sophistication. Flowers in the countryside, cocktails, barbeque, and dreamy décor.
Spring Wedding Decoration Ideas
Source: danandtyler_photography via Instagram, greenwoodevents via Instagram, puntocentral_ via Instagram
Thinking of spring wedding decor ideas for your wedding? Here you go! From the ceremony to the reception, venue arrangements and centerpieces, give them a pop of class.
- At the ceremony, make a classic entrance by creating a floral archway. Walk down to an aisle of Gypsophilia blooms. Make garlands around the chairs and line the altar and the material table with candles.
- For the reception, there should be a cohesive display in single coloring concept of all items. Bring creativity to your table plan by wrapping it in floral frames. Make a floral set of bunting and bouquets for some vintage inspiration.
- Spring wedding decorations for the venue should include fresh flowers like eucalyptus and tulips for massive floral arrangements. String lights, floral chandeliers, and bloom covered bar. You may also create a floral sky with beautiful flowers to give a dreamy effect.
- Create beautiful birdcage centerpieces filled with seasonal flowers. You may also color coordinated with your bouquet. For rustic vibes, mix daffodils, and gypsophila in ribbon jars and vases.
Menu For Spring Weddings
Take advantage and incorporate the many fruits, herbs, and vegetables in season for your menu. Discuss with your caterers and draw a plan. Below is what an ideal spring wedding menu looks like. You can switch up the menu or tweak them to suit your exotic taste.
- An assorted fruit bar
- Raspberry infused vinaigrette with a mixed green salad.
- Loads of deconstructed bruschetta.
- Mini salad shrimp rolls
- Some assortment of a charcuterie board.
- Main Courses
- Orange soy glazed scallops
- Parsley-caper vinaigrette with lightly seasoned trout
- Vegetable spring risotto
- Asparagus with grilled rack of lamb.
- Herb roasted chicken with fresh apricots.
- Petit fours
- A bar full of colorful candies
- Buffet cotton candy stand
- Champagne and raspberry sorbet coolers
- Self-made mimosa
- Signature cocktails
- Mint Juleps
- Lemonades in peach, raspberry, and lavender flavor variants.
Spring Wedding Cake Ideas
Source: sugarpetalscakesbyfaye via Instagram, boisecakery via Instagram, tastybakerypa via Instagram
Whether you’re having an indoor or outdoor spring wedding, your cake is the center of attention. So, work up spectacular designs that will make your cake stand out. They may be simple or extravagant, but in spring, it’s all beautiful.
- Go with a stacked cake with ruffles and sugar flower design.
- Make a statement with a trio set of cakes with peach and pink texture shades.
- Bring something refreshing with intricate lace details on the cake. This is to match the lace details on your wedding dress. Make the base of the tiers neutral, then add fresh blooms to pop some colors.
- A semi-naked caked with cherry blossom and macaroons are great for the outdoors.
- Adorn your tiers of cake with fresh flowers in a quirky way. Press each stem into Swiss meringue buttercream to mimic the window box.
- Create bees and blossom cake by running a cascade of colorful blooms down the tiers. Have a collection of these blooms at the top tier.
- Build your cake in Ombre design, by choosing a bold hot color. Work your way from this color, up to a perfect white.
- Make your cake in candy colors of spring, one bright color for each tier.
Bridal Gown & Groom Attire For Spring Weddings
Source: grace_loves_lace via Instagram, grace_loves_lace via Instagram, grace_loves_lace via Instagram
Gardens, vineyards, chateau, mountain tops or chic hotels, the venue determines your attire. So a wedding attire that works best with your backdrop should be your choice. White isn’t the first choice of colors here. It’s pastels to a collage of bold spring color wedding dresses and groom attire.
- For the bride, do gauzy and easy silhouettes with delicate appliques, laces, and slips. You can also go for crepes, full layered skirts, crystal embellishments, floral laces in short lengths.
- The groom will stand out in muted neutral suits. This allows him to introduce spring colors in his pocket chief and tie, creating a timeless elegance. Going formal, blue is great for spring or vintage yellow tie paired with houndstooth and tweed suits.
The decorations, seasonal blooms and DIY wedding ideas for spring weddings are divine. The best part is that spring wedding doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. You can DIY most of the best parts and save cost. You’re also not limited to only certain kinds of colors, as the color palette is creative. Get tips on how to prepare for the weather, your attire menu and all. Find your wedding ideas for spring here, make it an ultimate guide and enjoy your best day!