When we talk about weddings, you imagine hot color combinations like gold, shades of green, white, and more. Other couples think about trending palettes that would give their big day a face-lift. But have you ever thought of a red and black wedding theme? The combination of these powerful colors is fast gaining prominence among modern and stylish couples.
Red and black are symbolic and gorgeous stand-alone colors. They can also form the perfect base for other additions like the red silver and black wedding theme; red black and green wedding theme, and more. So if this color combo catches your fancy, we will show you how to infuse them in your decor, stationery, attire, and everywhere else.
Brides Often Ask
What is a red wedding theme?
The color Red is synonymous with love, passion, and strength. A red-themed wedding symbolizes romance, an expression of love, and the intensity of commitment between the couple. so it’s no surprise that it’s also a popular choice for wedding color palettes. These red wedding theme ideas are perfect for bringing a sense of romance and intensity to your big day, whether your wedding aesthetic is classic, bohemian, or completely unconventional.
Red and Black Wedding Attire
Whether you’re going in a bohemian, classic, rustic, or unconventional attire, the creativity is endless. See some ideas below
Wine, red and gold, and black theme is a classy idea prevalent among Asians with stunning hues. However, if you can’t commit to a red dress, opt for shoes in your favorite shade of red.
Another way to spice up your attire is with a red lipstick that upgrades the barest faces. But if you’re thinking rustic wedding theme, wear a rose flower crown in these combined colors or tuck them in your hair.
Opt for a dark red hue or a red and black wedding theme w for the suave and fashion-forward look. This look is especially perfect for a red and black cowboy theme wedding groom attire. But if that’s too much for you, wear a crimson or berry red color tie with your charcoal grey or navy blue suit. You can accessorize with ox-blood shoes and a black belt.
Guests can dive into the aqua, black, and cherry red theme wedding style. While they would wear red attires if they please, aqua and black accessories are just perfect. They could also fly the red lipstick with gold boutonnieres, aqua fascinators, pearl necklaces, or pastel-toned accessories.
Red and Black Wedding Bouquets
The red and black wedding theme is incomplete without the stylish array of stunning bouquets. See some ideas to curate your wedding bouquets.
If you love wedding theme ideas with black, white, red, and gold, channel them into your bouquet.
- Choose roses, peonies, dahlias, anemones, ranunculus, and more. This combination is perfect for garden, beach, formal, and bohemian-inspired weddings.
- For rustic, country, woodland, and enchanted weddings, create a bouquet with greenery, carnations, red roses, and pampas tied with long gold ribbons. Succulents are also beautiful additions if you want a natural but vibrant collection.
Red and Black Stationery
Create your wedding stationery with the most alluring colors and materials. See ideas for a wedding suite.
Many thoughts go into creating the place cards, thank you cards, rsvp, save the dates, and even wedding invitations in black and red theme style.
- If you’re opting for a glam, formal, or industrial chic affair, the black-red, and silver wedding theme is perfect.
- For a nature-inspired affair, country, or beach wedding, throw in a touch of green, gold, aqua, and ivory.
- However, if you dig the classic stationery style, opt for a pop of color with a red satin bow and matching packages. This way, you’d be making a statement to your guests.
Red and Black Wedding Decor
From the wedding to the reception, you can incorporate the red and black wedding theme to perfection. See some creative ideas for your palette.
Ceremony Wedding Decors
- Starting with the ceremony venue, you could opt for historic red barns if you’re having a rustic-chic, barn, or country wedding. Farms could also allow curtains of red damask around the stage.
- But if you’re going glam and modern, decorate your ceremony venue with the aisle lined with candles, and rose petals. Welcome the guests with simple red banner signage with gold-lettered calligraphy.
- For outdoor weddings, a red and black damask wedding theme is perfect. The damask forms a curtain on the arch or patterned Backdrop. The arch could also fly burgundy and red blooms.
- Consider white chairs with red and black bows topped with white, green, and green blooms. Make the stage a focal point with black, green, and red flower walls. Complement them with overhead aesthetics and silver torches lining the aisle. You could also go the minimalist route by working with pastel floral and sprinkling with touches of red and black.
Reception Wedding Decor
Create a luxurious, glam, and sophisticated wedding theme reception ambiance from your tablescape.
- Opt for black chargers and plates.
- Also, consider putting your black candles in gold candelabras or candle holders.
- Pepper the venue with an assortment of red floral arrangements.
- Incorporate touches of gold on the centerpieces, table runners, and dinnerware.
- For a chic look, revamp the reception with a wedding theme decor with red and black ideas, with creamy and neutral touches.
- You can also explore textures ranging from wood to alluring fabrics and leather.
If the black red and gold wedding theme appeals to you, use painted sold fruits like apples, grapes, and pomegranates as place cards. Write with gold on these fruits to get the fairytale or red and black vampire wedding theme.
- Complete this look with floral (anemones, tulips, poppies, roses) centerpieces complemented by tapered black or red candles.
- Finish your decor with antique chairs and red throw pillows to brighten the lounge.
Another combination we adore is the pink mix, as there’s no better way to express the romance.
- Adorn your reception tables with red and pink gauze linens and rose-filled centerpieces.
Or for a Halloween theme, opt for a red and black tablescape with silver touches and whitewashed at the center.
- Hang some crystals on the tree for absolute class.
Red Black Wedding Cake Ideas
- Order cakes and cupcakes for the wedding red and black theme with touches that give them a whole new look. Think of gold leaves, lush burgundy, and red floral arrangements, or gold lave and red blooms.
- You can also choose a white cake decorated with black ribbons and red roses. However, if you’re feeling so bold, go for naked cakes with white touches, gold sprinkles, and red blooms.
- You can also make it chic by pairing gold with deep purple and burgundy. For the ultimate romance, pair a modern black cake with textural tiers. Decorate the cake with red and peachy natural berries or sugar flowers.
Make your dream come true by checking out our guide to a red and black wedding theme. We’ve outlined how to pick a wedding theme regardless of the style. Whether it’s chic, modern, country, or bohemian aesthetics; there’s something for you in this post.