If you’ve spent any time at all planning your wedding, it’s already obvious that you are going to need some help staying organized. It’s time to find a wedding planner book. This seems straightforward at first glance, but you will soon discover that the best wedding planner book can differ greatly from bride to bride.
Some brides have a lot of things under control and just need a little help staying within budget. Some have absolutely no idea where to start and need expert advice every step of the way. Others have hired a professional wedding planner and need some insight into what they are doing and how they are doing it.
Whatever your circumstance is, you’re sure to find a tailor-fit wedding planner book on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a wedding planner book?
A wedding planner guidebook helps you plan your wedding budget and break the planning process down into manageable segments. Most wedding planner books will also provide templates to help keep tasks organized and expert, real-world advice to help make decisions along the way.
Is a wedding planner book worth it?
Even the most expensive, best wedding planner organizer book is nothing compared to the costs of common wedding planning mistakes. For example, a good wedding planner book can help you avoid overpaying for vendors and venues, late fees, or paying a premium due to seasonal demand.
Where to buy a wedding planner book?
You can buy wedding planner books online or in person from retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or local bookstores. Whether you use one comprehensive book or multiple resources depends on personal preference and the complexity of your planning process. Find a system that works for you, provides practical advice and tools, aligns with your vision, and adapts it to your needs.
How To Choose a Wedding Planning Book
- Consider the author’s experience and credentials: Look for books written by experienced wedding planners or industry experts with a proven track record of success. Check their credentials and see if they have any certifications or affiliations with reputable organizations in the wedding industry.
- Look for books with practical advice and useful tools: The best wedding planner books should provide you with practical tips and tools to help you plan your wedding. Look for books that offer checklists, timelines, and other helpful resources that you can use to stay organized and on track.
- Choose books that align with your wedding style and vision: Different wedding planner books may focus on different types of weddings or styles, so choose a book that aligns with your personal taste and vision for your big day.
- Read reviews and ask for recommendations: Before purchasing a wedding planner book, read reviews from other readers to get an idea of their experience with the book. You can also ask for recommendations from friends, family members, or wedding vendors that you trust.
- Consider a mix of digital and physical resources: While physical wedding planner books can be helpful for keeping notes and inspiration in one place, don’t forget about digital resources such as wedding planning apps and online tools. These can be convenient and accessible on the go.
- Use the book as a starting point, not a definitive guide: Remember that every wedding is unique and your wedding may not fit perfectly into the mold presented in any particular wedding planner book. Use the book as a starting point and adapt the advice and tools to fit your personal needs and preferences.
By following these expert tips and advice, you can choose the best wedding planner books to help you plan your dream wedding.
What is included in a wedding planner book?
A wedding planner book typically includes a wide range of information and tools to help you plan your wedding. Some common features may include:
- Checklists and timelines for various stages of the planning process.
- Budgeting tools to help you track expenses and stay within your budget.
- Inspiration and ideas for different aspects of the wedding, such as themes, colors, and decor.
- Vendor lists and contact information for venues, caterers, florists, and other wedding professionals.
- Etiquette tips for invitations, ceremonies, and other wedding-related events.
- Seating charts and other organizational tools help you plan the logistics of the big day.
- Tips for managing stress and staying organized throughout the planning process.
The specific content of a wedding planner book may vary depending on the author and the focus of the book. Some books may specialize in certain types of weddings or offer more detailed information on specific aspects of the planning process. Ultimately, the goal of a wedding planner book is to provide you with the information and tools you need to plan your dream wedding.
Best Planning Books
Even wedding planners who have been working in the industry for decades invest in wedding planner books. Why? There’s just so much to be aware of and remember it’s physically impossible to do it all without a system.
Browse our list and keep your needs and personal style in mind to find the ideal wedding planner book for you.
Bridechilla: How to Plan Your Wedding Survival Guide
This book is for the bride that needs help navigating the emotional aspects of wedding planning. From the guestlist to choosing the maid of honor, to sorting out your registry, there are plenty of opportunities to hurt someone’s feelings. Although you can’t please everyone, Bridechilla arms you with the best practices and insights you need to make cool, calm, decisions.
Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
The LGBTQ+ community is still a relatively new concept, and brides, grooms, and industry professionals are just starting to discover the unique challenges and solutions to creating the perfect wedding experience. Equally Wed provides the roadmap needed to navigate this previously unexplored territory.
Wedding Planning For The Busy Feminist
Why does the bride change her last name? Why does the father of the bride ‘give her away? Many features of the traditional wedding don’t exactly align with modern feminist values. This wedding planner book confronts those topics in a hilarious fashion and teaches you a thing or two along the way.
The Little Book of Let’s Get S*** Done by Hello May
This wedding planner book is for the no-nonsense bride. Skip the anecdotes and get straight to business with clear-as-day guidance and a few blank pages so that you can keep your notes in the same place as where you got the advice. The standout feature here is the sage advice about communicating with vendors.
TJ x AOL Planner by Together Journal
This wedding planner book by An Organized Life is the swiss army knife of guides for brides that need a little bit of everything. Detailed checklists and templates are coupled with feedback from a pool of industry experts and real couples. This approach provides invaluable context which puts things into perspective and helps you make sense of it all.
A Practical Wedding Planner by Meg Keene
This wedding planner book is for the financially focused bride and groom. Fix a budget and stick to it. This book helps you plan in advance, make compromises when needed, and successfully cope with surprises. It also provides on-point guidance on DIY projects and saving opportunities so that every penny goes that extra mile.
The Budget-Savvy Wedding Planner & Organizer by Jessica Bishop
Do you need a horse and carriage for the post-ceremony getaway? Although this wedding planner book addresses budget concerns like many other guides, the approach starts at the emotional base. Using logic and vantage points you may not have considered, helps brides determine what truly matters to them and what’s truly worthy of your wedding budget.
Wedding Planner By Kmart
Kmart is known for inexpensive, quality products for the masses. It only makes sense that they would add wedding planner books for practical brides who want to forego the frills. However, the aesthetically pleasing design and well-structured guidance won’t feel like a bargain.
My Little Wedding Book By PearlandMason
The unique approach of this wedding planner book caters to brides who want to focus on low-stress and how the experience will be remembered long after the wedding is over. Rather than fixate on venue and vendor management, although it addresses that as well, this book’s appeal is how it helps you plan your photoshoots and guest interaction.
My Wedding Planner By BlushAndGoldInvites
This wedding planner book is for the bride who wants to know everything. The authors have seemingly asked every wedding planning-related question possible and have filtered through all of the answers leaving only the shiniest gems. With this wedding planner book, you have.
Little White Book By Littlewhitebooks
Simplicity is the defining aspect of this wedding planner book, making it ideal for brides who are just getting introduced to the world of wedding planning. This approach breaks the complicated world of wedding planning down into plain language, easily understood concepts that anyone can wrap their head around.
Customized Wedding Planner Book By PaperPeachShop
Weddings are a journey, and this wedding planner book is for brides that want to capture the experience. Yes, it contains all of the templates, checklists, and advice you would expect from a wedding guide. Beyond that, it’s a wedding planner journal book that allows you to customize it with gold foil names and wedding dates.
I Do Bridal Journal by Kate Spade New York
This cute wedding planner book is for the bride that doesn’t need any advice. All she needs is a few blank pages to keep her thoughts organized. This cute and compact is highly transportable and features a built-in tassel bookmark. This allows brides on the go to document their thoughts the moment inspiration strikes, no matter where they are.
Stuff Every Bride Should Know by Michelle Park Lazette
This tiny wedding planner book is for brides that need a particular balance between practical and emotional. This book addresses common situations like planning a budget and finding your dream dress. It also provides best practices for making your guests feel comfortable and handling bridal showers.
Farmhouse Fresh Rustic Wedding Planner by Zazzle
This is a gorgeous wedding planner book organizer for brides that understand project management. Check off your to-do list based on deadlines and dependencies. Stay organized with generous space and helpful stickers, all within a crisp and clean format.
There’s a wedding planner book out there for everyone. If we haven’t pointed out the one for you in this list, keep your needs and specific circumstances in mind, and keep on looking! You’re sure to find something that will keep you organized, on budget, and stress-free.