he Best Man’s role is packed with responsibilities, and planning an unforgettable bachelor party is one of them. This guide offers budget-friendly ideas for a memorable event that fosters bonding and engagement on physical, emotional, and intellectual levels. Additionally, it provides valuable tips on how to plan a bachelor party. And maybe gives the Maid of Honor a few bachelorette party ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is responsible for paying for a bachelor party?
All costs should be split equally among those attending the party.
Does the best man pay for anything?
Part of the best man’s responsibility is to get the couple a wedding gift. The best man can also choose to get the groom an individual gift, but it’s not necessary.
Thirst For Adventure Bachelor Party Ideas
Strippers and a “The Hangover” level of alcohol can be loads of fun, but we know you can do better than that. For a truly epic night, plan a legit adventure. The main goal is to create a lasting memory, and nothing stands out more than something new, exciting, and a little extreme. This list of bachelor party ideas shows you how to make it happen.
Planning a themed outing? Start with a Western-themed night at a club, bar, or pub.
- Find affordable cowboy attire at vintage stores or borrow from friends and family.
- Set up line dancing and mechanical bull challenges, along with fun activities like lassoing a lady or capturing photos with women wearing hats.
- Simple prizes like engraved flasks or cigars add excitement without breaking the bank.
Get Out to the Sea
Consider a lake getaway for a memorable bachelor party.
- Rent a pontoon boat or yacht, with prices ranging from $150 to $350 for a 6-hour trip.
- Make sure to factor in the cost of a captain for safety.
- For a weekend celebration, book a cruise for around $300 per person, offering delicious food and a wide range of activities.
If you prefer land-based activities with a smaller group, consider renting bikes, dune buggies, or ATVs for an adventurous bachelor party. It’s an exhilarating experience that guarantees excitement and adrenaline.
- Bike rentals are around $85 or less per bike, while ATV or Dune Buggy rentals range from $100 to $300.
- Get ready to bond and unleash your inner animal as you tear through trails and mud pits.
Dear Maid of Honor, the above-mentioned ideas are perfect bridal shower alternatives for the outdoorsy types. Definitely add these to your “maybe” pile.
Epic Paintball War
Summon your inner warrior and charge into battle for the low cost of $150 or less per person. This may be the perfect opportunity to mix it up with the bachelorette party ideas and create a memorable wedding party experience.
- Gather childhood friends for a memorable wedding party experience.
- Engage in competitive and exciting paintball games.
- Consider a friendly boy vs. girl competition with the bachelorette party.
- Losers can buy drinks to toast an unforgettable celebration.
If you’re in charge of planning the bridal shower, check in with the Best Man to see if you can collaborate.
No list of bachelor party ideas would be complete without mentioning skydiving. Take the plunge and experience the thrill of a lifetime with your groomsmen. Deepen your bond as you embark on this adrenaline-pumping adventure together.
Prices average around $250 per person.
- With jump training and tandem jumps available, skydiving is a safe yet exhilarating activity.
- Plan ahead as it may require more than a day, but the unforgettable experience is worth it.
If you’re not sure you can handle it, watch a few YouTube clips from some people who brought go-pros with them.
Fun Bachelor Party Ideas
Explore unforgettable and funny bachelor party ideas to celebrate the groom-to-be’s last days of singledom in style.
- Average Price: $30-$50 per person
- Explore local breweries, typically including a guided tour, craft beer tastings, and sometimes even some snacks or a meal. Prices can vary depending on the number of tastings and the location.
Escape Room Challenge
- Average Price: $25-$40 per person
- Test your teamwork and problem-solving skills by participating in an escape room challenge. Prices may vary depending on the complexity and popularity of the escape room.
Comedy Club Extravaganza
- Average Price: $20-$50 per person
- Enjoy a night of laughter at a comedy club. Costs may include admission fees and the price of food and drinks, which can vary depending on the club’s location and reputation.
Bachelor Party Ideas Into the Wild
Ride the Wave
Embrace the beauty of nature during the bachelor party with a thrilling surfing adventure.
- Surfing lessons are available at affordable prices, ranging from $25 to $100.
- Inquire about the availability of wetsuits and surfboards for a complete surfing experience.
- Take a break from surfing and keep the party atmosphere alive with well-planned bachelor party games.
Snowboard vs Ski For Winter Bachelor Party
Hit the slopes for an exciting bachelor party! Weekend hill passes range from $50 to $75.
- Rent boots and skis for an enjoyable skiing experience.
- Dress in layers for comfort and adaptability to changing weather.
- Consider the thrilling option of helicopter skiing for an adrenaline rush.
- Prices vary for helicopter skiing, but it guarantees an unforgettable experience.
Weekend Hiking/Camping Adventure
Escape to nature for a bachelor party getaway.
- Rent a cozy cabin for a comfortable and convenient getaway.
- Pitch a tent in the great outdoors for a more rustic and immersive experience.
Cabin rentals range from $100 to $1000 per night, while hiking is free. Stay hydrated and enjoy the fresh air, and maybe bring a flask for added fun.
Catch the Biggest Fish
Experience the serenity of fishing for your bachelor party.
- Compete with friends to catch the most or biggest fish and offer rewards for the winners.
- Choose between using your own equipment or joining a guided tour for a fun and competitive fishing experience.
Embrace your primal instincts and reconnect with nature through hunting.
- Consider that costs tend to rise with distant hunting destinations.
- For a more affordable experience, choose local hunting packages.
- Local hunting packages often include guided tours, post-hunt activities, and lodging.
- Enjoy the thrill of hunting without breaking the bank, with prices averaging around $1000.
Bachelor Party Ideas For Men Who Like Sport
Golf is a versatile activity that offers a blend of physicality, leisure, and connection with nature.
- Basic golf outings typically cost around $200 per person.
- The cost includes greens fees, equipment rentals, and cart rentals.
- Upscale courses may require a higher investment, potentially reaching thousands of dollars for 18 holes.
Bowling is just a good clean fun thing to do for a bachelor party. Lane fees and shoe rentals are a nominal cost, but you’ll want to put in a little extra effort and get some custom Groom’s Party bowling shirts made up for the event.
- Plan your bowling outing, allowing 2-3 weeks for preparations.
- Divide your group into teams and prepare prizes for the winning team and highest-scoring player.
- Consider rewarding the winners with a bottle of their favorite liquor featuring a custom “World Series Champion” label.
For soccer enthusiasts, plan to secure an indoor field for your bachelor party.
- Book your indoor soccer field several months in advance and ensure you have the necessary permits.
- Contact property managers to arrange rentals, with an average cost of around $500 for the day.
- Gather your friends for an exciting game of soccer and enjoy a fun-filled day together.
Take advantage of a summer wedding by spending a fun-filled day at a public beach. Enjoy beach volleyball, frisbee, and football without any court rental fees.
- Cover travel expenses and make sure to bring food and refreshments for the day.
- Create a beach playlist and bring speakers to set the mood and enhance the atmosphere.
- Engage in active beach activities, such as volleyball, frisbee, and football.
If physical activities aren’t your thing, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with video game alternatives.
- Choose between a few hundred dollars for a gaming console and games or rent an entire arcade for a more luxurious experience.
- Enjoy virtual outdoor adventures through gaming while indulging in snacks, drinks, and endless conversations with friends.
Outdoor Bachelor Party Ideas
Embark on an unforgettable adventure by planning a bachelor party road trip to explore the stunning destinations our country has to offer. The cost varies depending on your chosen route, with expenses like gas and entrance fees to consider.
- Plan your itinerary, considering accommodations, dining, and entertainment options.
- Consider a Nashville bachelor party for a diverse range of experiences.
- Check out exciting YouTube clips to get a glimpse of the vibrant nightlife in Nashville.
- Embark on an epic road trip to your chosen destination and make unforgettable memories.
Freedom Motorcycle Tour
Take the last idea and remove a few wheels. Hitting one of the nation’s famous landmarks is a fantastic idea. Put a different spin on it and jump into a motorcycle tour.
- Rent a bike and complete a training course ($150/person) for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Hit the road and embark on an unforgettable adventure, exploring scenic routes and landmarks.
- Cool off with a stag pool party to celebrate an epic journey.
Long Ride by Boat or Train
Again, we’re recommending a destination-based bachelor party. But maybe you’d prefer to sit back and enjoy the ride as opposed to steering the car or bike. The perfect solution is a boat or train ride.
- Embark on an affordable coast-to-coast train journey for only $200.
- Take note of the train stops and plan your visits to interesting towns and cities along the way.
- Make the most of your time by researching and selecting pubs or restaurants to visit during the stops.
Las Vegas Ideas
Vegas is the ultimate bachelor party destination. Indulge in the thrill of being a little bit naughty. Costs vary widely, from travel and accommodation to gambling fees. Free drinks and food while gambling add to the fun. Let the rest of the expenses stay in Vegas!
This is the Groom’s “last day of freedom”, and we recommend getting weird. If you and your crew have been geeks your entire life, you already know what your heart desires.
- Embark on a trip to New Zealand and explore the iconic filming locations of “The Lord of the Rings” to immerse yourself in the world of Frodo and his journey.
- Indulge in a private tour of the legendary Skywalker Ranch, where you can get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Star Wars universe.
- Plan a well-prepared outing to your nearest ComiCon event and fully embrace your inner geek.
Booze-Themed Ideas for Bachelor Party
Whiskey and Cigar Testing
For a sophisticated bachelor party, embrace the classics. Dress up, and enjoy whiskey and cigars with some classical music in the background.
- Learn the art of whiskey tasting through informative YouTube videos or elevate the experience by hiring a knowledgeable connoisseur.
- Ensure you have a selection of at least 4 premium whiskey bottles and elegant glasses to savor the flavors.
- Complete the experience by including cigars, which can be purchased in sampler packs, and enjoy the combination of fine spirits and cigars.
- Remember that the quality of whiskey and cigars can vary based on the price, so consider investing in higher-cost options for a truly refined experience.
Craft Beer Collection
For a down-to-earth bachelor party, consider a craft beer party.
- Plan a craft beer tasting session for your bachelor party and explore a selection of 3-5 different craft beers.
- Pour small 3oz cups to sample and savor each beer, allowing you to learn about the different brands and their unique characteristics.
- Keep the cost affordable by budgeting around $5 per bottle, making it a cost-effective option for your party.
- Add extra fun to the evening by incorporating karaoke or other casual activities that will keep everyone entertained and engaged.
Make Signature Cocktails
Keeping with the alcoholic theme, many men would prefer something a little more unique.
- Elevate your bachelor party with the presence of a private mixologist who can come to your location or venue.
- Hire a skilled mixologist who will not only prepare a variety of delicious cocktails but also entertain and engage your guests.
- Enjoy the convenience of having a professional mixologist on-site, providing expert guidance and creating custom drinks for your party.
- Budget for the cost of hiring a private mixologist at an average rate of $35 per hour, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable experience for everyone in attendance.
Different Drinking Games
To keep the party lively and entertaining, incorporate drinking games into your bachelor party. Games like quarters, beer pong, drunk Jenga, and card games are free of charge and guarantee a fun-filled evening. You can also explore adapting bridal shower games into exciting drinking games. These budget-friendly options ensure a memorable and affordable bachelor party experience.
For an epic stag night, organize a pub crawl without strict time limits at each location. Instead, allocate a budget for each destination, such as $100 per place.
- Start at a lively pub for conversation and socializing.
- Move to a pool hall for some friendly competition and activity.
- Enjoy a meal at a restaurant/bar and continue the night with dancing at clubs, relaxing at a jazz lounge, visiting a strip club, and trying your luck at gambling.
Bachelor Party Gift Ideas
Bachelor party gifts are a fun way to show appreciation for the groom-to-be and celebrate his upcoming wedding. These gifts can range from practical to sentimental and are usually given by his friends and family.
Here are some popular bachelor party gift ideas:
- Personalized Leather Flask – The perfect companion for the Best Man (or any groomsmen). Crafted from stainless steel, this 6 oz. flask is wrapped in elegant saddle leather with white stitch accents. A refined gift for those who appreciate style and quality.
- Personalized Cufflinks – An ideal gift for groomsmen, fathers, or anniversaries. These personalized square cufflinks are available in Yellow Brass, Silver Brass & Sterling Silver, with room for up to 8 characters, adding a touch of individuality to any special occasion.
- Wine Box – A celebratory wine box gift to honor a remarkable achievement. As the saying goes, “Well done is its own reward.” Toast success with a bottle of Champagne.
How To Plan A Bachelor Party
The perfect bachelor party ideas involve lots of specifics and planning. Below are tips on how to plan a bachelor party.
Who Usually Plans The Bachelor Party
Guys don’t have many parties before the wedding, unlike the ladies with a list of parties. So, who plans the bachelor party is not always one person. It’s always a collection of the best men, best friends or brothers. They are responsible for coming up with stag party ideas for the day.
What To Bring To A Bachelor Party
It’s hard to know what to bring to a bachelor party. This is because, guys don’t care much for gifts, and they only want to have fun. But if the groom wants gifts, he must indicate in the invitation memo. In the case where you need to bring something to a bachelor, below is a list of best donations.
- A 10-piece leather golf ball travel set.
- Man card wallet bottle opener
- Bottles of wine
- Stemless wine glass
- Liquor decanter set
- Leather tech organizer
- Man snacks bucket
- Portland growler
- Mason jars
- Oversized beer mugs
- Glass barware
Bachelor Party Must Haves
The Bachelor party is the boys’ night out before the wedding. And when planning a bachelor party, there are necessary items to help the day go smoothly. Whether destination or in town, bachelor party entertainment will give guests the best time. From skydiving to shooting, snowboarding, hiking, and clubbing. Here are some bachelor party must-haves.
- Emergency kit for minor injuries
- Hangover kits such as Advil
- Plenty of food, for there is no party without it
- Assortment of drinks
- Condoms to keep all protected. But the groom must stay faithful, so it’s not for him
- A deck of cards for some fun
- Suit or sports coat and tie for a formal gathering
- Go pro camera to capture all the moments
- Poker chips
- Gym clothes
- Water bottles
- Club clothes
- Bathing suits
- Loafers, sandals, and flip-flops for comfort
You know your group better than anyone, so plan around their tastes. Make sure that each member knows what’s in store so that they can pace themselves accordingly. And make sure there is plenty of food and water to keep your gang on their feet. No one likes a sloppy drunk.
Hit “Play” to see the fun video about an awesome bachelor party:
See the best bachelor party ideas for men collected in the infographic!