Planning a barn wedding is no easy feat. As romantic and idyllic as they may appear, barn weddings require careful consideration and preparation in order to ensure the day runs smoothly.
From selecting the barn that best accommodates your needs to making sure you have all the necessary accessories, there’s a lot to think about — but we’re here to help. In this guide, we’ll provide you with some tips on how to plan for your wedding in the barn so that everything goes off without a hitch.
Brides Often Ask
How much does a barn wedding venue cost?
The cost of barn wedding venues varies greatly depending on the size and location of your chosen venue. On average, barn venues range from about $2,000 to $15,000 for the ceremony and reception space alone. This does not include additional costs such as catering, decorations, staff, etc.
What to wear to a barn wedding?
When attending a barn wedding, the dress code is typically casual to semi-formal. Think along the lines of jeans, khakis and blouses for men, and sundresses or jumpsuits for women. For something more formal, opt for summer dresses in lighter fabrics or opt for a polished skirt-and-blouse ensemble. Complete your look with comfortable shoes that can handle some outdoor walking and dancing. A pair of low sandals or wedges are ideal wedding attire.
Barn Wedding Venues
When it comes to barn wedding venues, you want a place that will bring your special day to life. Whether you’re looking for a rustic barn or something more modern and chic, there are plenty of barn venues that can accommodate any couple’s style.
When selecting a barn venue for your wedding ceremony and reception, make sure you ask the right questions so you know what to expect.
- Does the barn have all the necessary amenities such as electricity and internet access?
- Are tables, chairs, and linens provided?
- Can outside catering be used in the barn?
- Is the barn climate-controlled?
- Are there any restrictions on decorations or music?
- Is there a designated area outside for ceremonies and/or cocktails?
- How much is the fee for using the barn? Is it all-inclusive or are there additional costs?
Consider how well they match your vision of the perfect day. You want to create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests, so make sure you select a barn that best reflects the style and personality of your celebration. With careful planning and research, you can find the barn venue that’s just right for you!
Barn Wedding Themes
Barn weddings are becoming increasingly popular due to their rustic charm, customizable decor options and flexible event layouts.
To make your wedding extra special you can choose a specific theme. From earthy tones and florals to modern metallics and industrial chic, barn wedding themes run the gamut from classic to unique.
Consider incorporating some of these popular barn wedding themes into your celebration:
Incorporate warm, earthy tones such as barn wood and burlap for a classic rustic wedding in the barn.
Embrace the beauty of nature with cascading florals, dreamcatchers and handmade paper decorations for an ethereal bohemian wedding.
For a modern weddings spin on the barn, opt for sleek metallic accents, geometric shapes, and gentle whites or ivories to create an industrial chic barn wedding theme.
Bring the outdoors in with lush greens, potted plants and plenty of string lights that will make your barn wedding feel like a secret garden.
No matter what wedding theme you choose, you can be sure to have a beautiful and unique day.
Barn Wedding Invitation
When you’re planning a barn wedding, it’s important to ensure that your invitation sets the tone for a special and unforgettable event. From selecting the perfect barn venue to finding elegant yet rustic decorations.
As you craft your barn wedding invitations, here are some tips to help make them as unique and special as your big day:
- Choose materials that reflect the barn setting. Invitations should feature natural elements such as wood or paper with texture or earthy colors like browns, reds and greens. Consider including a small bit of hay or wheat in each envelope if desired for extra barn charm!
- Make sure all information is included. Include all the necessary details about time, date and location. If your wedding is outdoors, also provide directions to avoid any confusion on the day of the event.
- Describe barn décor or activities. You can give guests a sense of what to expect by briefly describing any barn decorations or fun activities planned for the day such as a hayride or barn dance.
- Add a personal touch with unique wording or design elements. Customize the invitation with thoughtful wording that’s specific to your wedding theme and venue. Personal touches like hand-drawn artwork and calligraphy can make your invitations stand out even more!
By taking these tips into consideration and adding just the right touches of
creativity, you can create invitations that perfectly capture the essence of your barn wedding. With beautiful and unique invitations, your guests will be informed and excited to join in celebrating your special day!
Barn Wedding Attire
When it comes to barn weddings, the attire can be tricky. You want to look stylish and appropriate for the occasion, but you don’t want to stand out too much from the rustic barn backdrop.
Here are some tips on what to wear for barn wedding:
- Stick with a classic color palette of neutrals like khaki, navy blue or beige. This will help you blend in with the barn setting without looking too dressy. If you’d like to add a pop of color, choose one muted hue like pastel that won’t overpower the barn’s natural charm.
- Choose lightweight fabrics such as cotton, linen or chambray that will keep you comfortable during an outdoor barn wedding.
- Opt for dresses, skirts or pants that are slightly more formal than casual. Avoid anything too tight or revealing since barn weddings tend to be more laid-back and relaxed in feel.
- Consider accessories that bring the barn atmosphere into your look like a straw hat, cowboy boots, a denim jacket, or a woven bag. These can help you look perfectly at home in the barn setting while still appearing chic and stylish.
With these tips on what to wear for barn wedding attire, you’ll look beautiful without compromising the rustic charm of your barn venue!
Barn wedding ideas on a budget
When it comes to barn weddings, there are plenty of ways to save money and still have an elegant and unique wedding. For example, consider hosting a potluck dinner instead of hiring a caterer.
Many barns have kitchens that can easily accommodate home-cooked dishes, or you can ask your guests to bring their favorite side dish or dessert.
You can also save on decorations by using natural elements from the barn itself, such as hay bales for seating and mason jars for candle holders. For an unforgettable touch, add a DIY photo booth backdrop with props made from barn items like rope and burlap. With these barn wedding ideas on a budget, you can have your dreamy Big Day without breaking the bank.
Barn wedding decor
For the reception, consider string lights hung from barn rafters for a romantic feel and rustic burlap or lace tablecloths to create an inviting atmosphere. You can hang vintage lanterns around the barn walls and add flowers in mason jars or other unique vases to bring color into the space.
For the ceremony, hang a barn door backdrop at the end of the aisle for dramatic effect or decorate with wildflowers in mason jars lining the aisle. Use hay bales for seating if your barn is large enough and add old-fashioned elements like an antique chandelier to create a timeless atmosphere.
Don’t forget to make use of any barn features such as beams, barn doors, windows, etc., by incorporating them into your décor. Get creative and find ways to make these elements part of your vision!
Barn Wedding cake
A barn wedding is a perfect backdrop for a rustic, charming celebration. To complete the look and create an unforgettable cake experience, consider an intricately designed barn wedding cake to match!
From traditional designs decorated with buttercream frosting to more modern cakes featuring textured sugar-work elements, cakes can be customized to suit any style.
With so many creative possibilities available, you’re sure to find something that perfectly captures the spirit of your barn wedding! Check with your baker to get inspired and find out more about all the barn-style cake options they have on offer.
Barn wedding photo ideas
Barn wedding photos can be both romantic and fun. For those looking to get creative with their wedding photosession in barn, there are plenty of ideas that can add an extra bit of character to the special day.
One idea is to incorporate props from the barn itself into your photo session. A rustic wheelbarrow, a ladder full of plants, or even hay bales can make great features for your photos. Consider dressing up the barn with signage featuring your names or cute sayings for a personalized touch.
You may also want to consider taking advantage of barn animals in your photos. Cows, goats, and other barnyard animals can make great subjects for a unique barn wedding photo session, as well as adding some extra adorableness to the images.
Finally, another way to add interest to your photos is by incorporating outdoor elements into the shoot. Fields of wildflowers, trees covered with ivy, and lush greenery will help create beautiful natural backdrops that will look stunning in your photos.
Remember that when it comes to barn weddings, there are plenty of creative possibilities to explore!
Color Palette Ideas
If you are looking for color palette ideas to use for your barn wedding, there are many options available. You can choose traditional barn colors such as barn red, barn gray and barn white or opt for more vibrant shades of pink, purple and blue.
Depending on the season, you may want to consider muted earth tones like sage green or mustard yellow. For a more modern look, try adding in black accents or using contemporary pastel shades like lavender and baby blue.
Alternatively, mix natural elements such as wood and burlap with bright pops of gold or silver metallic accents. Don’t forget to take into account the florals that will be used throughout your celebration when selecting a color palette – this will help ensure that all the elements of your barn wedding come together seamlessly.
No matter what theme, decor and color palette you choose, it’s important to remember that barn weddings are meant to be fun and festive – so don’t be afraid to go bold!