They’re a popular trend these days, but are the botox parties right for your bridal group? There is, after all, a fair amount of etiquette surrounding both bridal parties and aesthetic cosmetic procedures.
So maybe the best way to answer this question and discover what’s right for your bridal party is to find out a little bit more about what Botox is and what it can do.
Botox Parties Growing Ever More Popular
Botox is the most famous of a group of cosmetic treatments known as “injectables.” While injectables all work in different ways, they’re famous as a group for being able to produce noticeable effects in a short amount of time – with no real recovery period.
It’s for that reason that injectables are often referred to as a “lunch break facelift.” Most injectable procedures can be completed in under thirty minutes. That, combined with the popularity of cosmetic procedures before a wedding, can sometimes make so-called “Botox parties” rather tempting. But are they the right choice?
What is Botox and What Does it Do?
Taking the time to determine whether a trip to the medical spa in addition to the day spa is right for your bridal party starts with looking into what all of these injectables actually do. There are two exceptionally popular options: Botox and dermal filler injections.
- Botox: The single most popular injectable in the world, Botox is used to treat lines and wrinkles that develop because of muscle contractions. Examples include smile lines, frown lines, concentration lines and so on. Essentially, the muscle gets “stuck” in a contracted position, pulling the skin into a permanent wrinkle. Botox forces the muscle to relax, releasing the skin and diminishing the wrinkle. Results will typically last for about six months.
- Dermal Fillers: There are a wide variety of dermal filler brands on the market, each one of which does something a little bit different. Generally speaking, however, dermal fillers work by filling volume in the skin. This diminishes lines and wrinkles that are caused by excess skin (something that occurs quite naturally as we age). Dermal fillers can give the skin a little extra shine and radiance as well – and they typically last for anywhere between twelve and eighteen months.
Now, medical spas will offer a wide variety of procedures. You won’t be limited to Botox and dermal filler options. However, it’s important to note that you should provide yourself with ample time before your actual wedding; not all cosmetic procedures are recovery-free. And even something like Botox will take several weeks to reach peak results.
So make sure you plan your Botox party in advance – and give those results enough time to shine.
Building Bonds, but Not Pressure
There are usually two purposes behind pre-wedding activities involving the bridal party: first is to celebrate the bride and the coming wedding. Second is to build or strengthen bonds of fellowship between members of the bridal party themselves.
It’s important to keep this purpose in mind as you arrange your botox party. There are a couple of guidelines you might want to follow to ensure everyone has a great time:
- No one should feel pressured to undergo any procedure. Botox and dermal filler injections are medical procedures, so they should only be undertaken by willing participants. It’s vital that no one feels pressured to undergo any procedure.
- Check with the medical spa or cosmetic surgery clinic before booking your appointments. In many cases, it’s nice for those clinics to know when large groups will be attending – and you may even get a bridal party discount.
- Ensure that everyone in the party knows that they aren’t all undergoing the same procedure. There are a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures designed to address many different complaints. These procedures often range from the very subtle to the quite bold – so the idea is that there will be a little something for everyone.
- Plan your botox party far enough in advance that any of the bruisings that may develop have time to subside.
Fun For All
At the end of the day, your bridal botox party should be one that’s fun for everyone involved. And that’s one of the reasons why these particular pre-wedding get-togethers are so popular: it gives you a chance to pamper yourself and to pamper the people around you.
Most botox parties are incredibly individualized for the patients involved. So if you want to know more about how to schedule your own botox party – and where you should do that – your best bet is to contact reputable medical spas and cosmetic surgeons in your area.
Be sure to do your diligence and research, selecting a medspa with a sterling reputation. Overall, Botox parties are a great and unique way to bring your bridal party together and give them something to remember!