So you’ve picked a wedding already and it’s time to set all pre-wedding activities in motion. The bridal shower is like the first main pre-wedding activity and you want to relay just the right information. It begins with getting your bridal shower invitation wording right for whatever party style you’ve chosen.
Get together with your host and take inspiration from this post as we’ve covered everything you need for shower invitations. We also incorporated wedding shower invitation wording and wedding shower invitation samples in case you’re having a coed celebration.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Should I Send Wedding Or Bridal Shower Invitations?
Send out shower invitations as early as four to six weeks before the event. It gives them enough time to prepare.
Bridal shower invitation wording is an expression of the tone you want to relay to the guests. Whether casual, formal, modern, or other alternatives, the wedding shower invite wording bears it. There are also rules and etiquette to wording shower invitations and you must observe them avoid a faux pas. And in case you’re thinking of what information should go into the invites, we got you covered. Lastly, it’s time to celebrate, do it in style.
Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
The bridal shower invitation wording should send a message. It states whether the bridal shower will be formal or casual. Proper bridal shower invitation wording starts with punchy informative one-liners.
- “We seek your esteemed presence at a bridal shower honoring Wendi.”
- “Please, join us as we honor Wendi with a bridal shower.”
- “Join us as we shower the soon to be Mrs, Wendi with love.”
- “Come through as we shower Wendi with love at her bridal shower.”
- “Turn up let’s honor the bride with a love shower before she becomes Mrs.”
- “A toast to Wendi as she exits bachelorette.”
Bridal Shower Invitation Examples
- Grecian floral invitation by Minted
Click here to buy.
- Adella modern minimalist invitations
Click here to buy on Esty.
- Woodland sunflowers
Click here to buy on simplytoimpress.
- Burgundy red floral mason jar invitation
Click here to buy on Zazzle.
- Burnt butter cakes shower invitation
Click here to buy from Paperless.
Wedding Shower Invitation Wording
A wedding shower invites wording that addresses the couple and not only the bride. This is quite used when a coed shower is well planned. It’s just like planning a wedding, so both the bride and groom are guests of honor. See some wedding shower wording one-liners below.
- “In honor of Wendi and her soon to be groom Michal, let’s have a glass or two.”
- “Before they tie the knot, join us as we throw a party to celebrate.”
- “With some wine and laughter, let’s toast to future Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald!”
- “Before the besotted couple signs the dotted lines, let’s have a toast.”
Wedding Shower Invitation Examples
- Wedding couple’s shower modern gold
Buy on Zazzle.
- Greenery boho eucalyptus wedding shower invite
Buy now on Esty.
- Rustic couple wedding shower invitation
Click here to buy on Zazzle.
- Navy blush wedding shower invitation
Click here to buy from Esty.
- Printable couple’s shower invitation
Click here to buy on Esty.
How To Address Shower Invitations
Name the guest of honor
This is the first and most important information. If it’s a couple of wedding shower invitation wording, then it’s best to mention the bride and groom. This informs the guests that the party isn’t for girls only. If the bridal shower is only for the bride, keep it so.
Name the venue, date and time
It’s important to make this information legible on the wedding shower invite wording. Spell out the month so that guests won’t confuse it with the date. Venue address is not necessary if it holds in a restaurant or other public place. But if the party holds in a private home, then include a well-detailed address.
Name the hosts
Naming the hosts gives the guests an idea of who to thank, especially if a lot of people hosted it. Naming them also gives the guest more sources to get party information from.
Include the RSVP
This helps you plan better by knowing the number of guests and how much food and drinks to buy.
Communicate your registry to the guests by including your website URL on the invite. You may also list out the stores where you have the registry on the invite.
Wedding And Bridal Shower Invitation Etiquette
There are silent rules to observe when putting your invitations to the wedding and bridal shower together. It starts before the shower and doesn’t end till you send out thank you notes.
- Be sure that the host has the mailing addresses of everyone invited. It’s important to ensure seamless shower planning.
- As a rule, invite members from both sides of the family. Most times, the shower provides the meeting point for parents and family members for the first time. Making it all about you and your family while out that of your spouse to be isn’t right. This can cause a lot of bad blood which you may not be able to handle.
- Should you plan to have a destination wedding especially, have a bigger shower. And invite mostly those guests who won’t make it to your wedding. Also, invite those guests who you won’t be inviting to your wedding.
- Keep a track of all the gifts you get so that you can send personalized thank you notes.
- Send out handwritten thank you notes within two weeks post bridal shower. And let the cards carry your maiden name. Don’t use cards with your married name until after the wedding.
Funny Bridal Shower Invitation Wording & Wedding Shower Invitation Wording Examples
Funny invitation wording is a great way to inject some humor and personality into your bridal shower or wedding shower. Incorporating humor into the invitation can help set the tone for a fun and memorable event, and can make guests feel excited to attend.
- “Let’s celebrate the bride-to-be before she waves goodbye to the single life (and hello to her new boss, her husband). Join us for a bridal shower!”
- “Calling all ladies! It’s time to shower the bride with love (and a few questionable lingerie items). Don’t miss the fun at her bridal shower!”
- “Shhh… don’t tell the groom, but we’re throwing his bride-to-be a bridal shower! Join us for a fun-filled afternoon of games, treats, and laughter.”
- “We’re celebrating our favorite bride-to-be with a shower that’s sure to be a blast. Let’s shower her with love (and maybe a few embarrassing stories).”
- “Help us send the bride off in style by showering her with love (and lots of champagne). It’s the perfect excuse for a girls’ day out!”
- “The wedding bells are ringing, and the bride-to-be is singing… for joy! Join us for a wedding shower filled with love, laughter, and plenty of cake.”
- “Before the big day arrives, let’s shower the happy couple with all our love (and maybe a few questionable gifts). Come celebrate with us at their wedding shower!”
- “It’s time to dust off your dancing shoes and celebrate the upcoming nuptials! Join us for a wedding shower that’s sure to be a party.”
- “In honor of the soon-to-be newlyweds, we’re throwing a wedding shower to end all wedding showers. Come ready to celebrate in style!”
- “It’s time to pop the bubbly and celebrate the bride and groom-to-be! Join us for a wedding shower filled with fun, friends, and plenty of laughter.”
Bridal shower invitation wording, as well as wedding shower invitation wording, plays an important role in setting the tone for the celebration. Whether you want to keep it formal, sentimental, or light-hearted, the wording you choose can set the tone for the event and help guests understand what to expect. From classic and traditional to modern and humorous, we looked through many ideas in our post.