Choosing appropriate groom attire is a popular topic these days. Only a short while ago, groomsmen were restricted to standard tuxedos or matching suits with the groom. Today’s weddings are often much more casual with exciting modern themes, such as boho, beach, and rustic, that allow for a lot more creativity.
To help you get acclimated to modern groom attire options for various seasons and settings. The bohemian wedding theme has become exceedingly popular, which we are going to focus on today. We’re about to provide you with samples and inspiration that will inform your decisions about fitting in with various levels of formality and bride expectations, and the accessories that will help you establish a unique look of your own.
As you review these samples, keep in mind that boho weddings also include a great deal of emotion and attitude, it’s not just a look. Boho fabrics, items, and imagery relate to spirituality and free-spiritedness, which should always be considered.
Suits and jackets are key elements of the wedding groom attire, setting the foundation for a stylish and relaxed look. Consider the following ideas:
- Linen or cotton suits in earthy tones: These natural fibers provide comfort and a relaxed feel, perfect for a bohemian wedding. Choose earthy tones such as beige, khaki, or light brown to create a harmonious and organic look.
- Patterned or embroidered jackets: Look for jackets with intricate embroidery, ethnic-inspired patterns, or unique prints. These jackets become statement pieces that elevate the overall look.
Shirts should embody comfort, and relaxed style, and reflect the free-spirited nature of the bohemian aesthetic. Here are some useful ideas:
- Cotton or silk shirts: Opt for shirts made from natural fibers like cotton or silk, as they offer breathability and a soft, comfortable feel. Look for loose-fitting styles such as button-down shirts or bohemian-inspired tunics.
- Prints or textured fabrics: Embrace the bohemian spirit by choosing shirts with bohemian-inspired prints or textured fabrics. Consider shirts with paisley, floral, or tribal prints. Look for textured fabrics like crinkled cotton or linen to add depth and visual interest to the outfit.
Choosing the right bottoms is essential to complete the bohemian groom pants. They should reflect the relaxed and free-spirited nature of boho groom attire:
- Relaxed-fit pants in earthy or muted colors: Opt for lightweight fabrics like linen or cotton in earthy or muted colors such as beige, olive green, or burnt orange. These colors blend well with the bohemian aesthetic and create a harmonious and natural appearance.
- Embroidered or patterned shorts: For a more casual and laid-back bohemian style, consider wearing embroidered or patterned shorts. Look for shorts with intricate embroidery, ethnic-inspired patterns, or floral prints.
Headwear is a key accessory that can elevate the groom attire, adding a touch of style and personality. Here are some simple and useful ideas and examples for headwear in bohemian style:
- Wide-brimmed hats: Hats are iconic bohemian accessories that exude a whimsical and romantic feel. Opt for hats with floppy or wide brims in natural materials like straw or felt.
- Bandanas: Bandanas are versatile accessories that add a boho touch to the mens wedding attire. They can be tied around the head in various ways. Choose bandanas or headscarves in vibrant prints, earthy tones, or intricate patterns.
Jewelry plays a significant role in completing the groom wedding attire, adding an element of individuality and self-expression. Here are some simple and useful ideas and examples for jewelry and accessories in bohemian style:
- Pendant necklaces
- Wooden beads
- Feathers, or leather accents
These materials provide a connection to nature and add an organic and earthy touch to the overall look.
Choosing the right footwear is crucial to complete the groom and groomsmen attire. It should reflect the rustic and free-spirited nature of the bohemian style. Here are some simple and useful ideas and examples for boho mens wedding shoes:
- Leather sandals are excellent options to achieve a rustic and bohemian vibe. Opt for sandals with intricate braided or woven details and adjustable straps.
- Suede boots. Look for suede boots with a distressed or worn-in appearance, featuring fringe or buckle accents.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Styling Bohemian Groom Attire?
- Experiment with different patterns: Pair a patterned shirt, such as a floral or paisley print, with a subtly patterned tie or pocket square. Mix geometric patterns with organic or abstract designs for a dynamic and artistic look.
- Combine textures: Incorporate textured fabrics like linen, lace, or velvet into your outfit. For example, pair a linen suit with a lace shirt or a velvet blazer with a textured cotton shirt. The combination of textures adds depth and visual interest to the overall look.
- Layer with contrasting patterns: Layer a patterned vest or cardigan over a patterned shirt for a bold and bohemian statement. Play with contrasting scales and colors to create a visually captivating ensemble.
- Use neutrals as a base: Neutrals like beige, cream, or gray can serve as a solid foundation for your bohemian look. Pair them with pops of color or complementary earthy tones to create a balanced and harmonious ensemble.
How To Choose The Right Fabric?
- Choose linen or organic cotton: as these materials are derived from natural sources and have a soft and breathable feel. Linen suits or shirts and organic cotton t-shirts or trousers are excellent choices.
- Explore hemp or bamboo fabrics: they are sustainable options and offer similar qualities to linen and cotton. They are lightweight, moisture-wicking, and have a unique texture that adds to the bohemian aesthetic.
- Seek out vintage pieces: Embrace the bohemian spirit by incorporating vintage attire. Vintage garments often feature natural fibers and unique patterns, giving your outfit a distinct and authentic bohemian touch.
How To Incorporate Eclectic Patterns/ Textures?
- Experiment with paisley or floral prints: Choose shirts or accessories featuring paisley or floral prints for a bohemian-inspired look. These patterns exude a sense of vibrancy and add a touch of whimsy to your outfit.
- Mix textured fabrics: Combine textured fabrics like velvet, lace, or embroidery in different elements of your groom attire ideas. For example, pair a velvet blazer with a shirt featuring lace detailing or wear trousers with embroidered accents. This interplay of textures adds depth and visual intrigue.
- Layer with patterned or textured outerwear: Consider adding a patterned or textured jacket, such as one with ethnic-inspired prints or a fringed suede coat, to your ensemble. These pieces become statement layers that enhance the overall bohemian aesthetic.