Learn how to write refreshing wedding vows for him, and make it a day to remember. The usual traditional wedding vows for him to her and vice versa is stale. Couples now write their own vows which remain evergreen.
So, as a groom to be getting married soon, check here for
- unique wedding vows
- vows from movies
- simple vows
- tips on writing your vows
Short Wedding Vows For Him
These are short wedding vows of love, determination, and promise. Perfect for modern couples who are simple romantics, and civil weddings. See examples of wedding vows. Short wedding vows to him hit directly on the point without fluff or fuss. And it packs a punch with its deeply loaded lines.
- “I pledge to always catch you before you stumble, and lift you over every threshold. I’ll also grow to fall in love with you every day.”
- “It’s my utmost pleasure to say I do, I will and always will. All my life possessions are yours.”
- “I pledge this solemn vow to protect you from harm always
I’ll stand in the storm with you against your troubles
I’ll seek my refuge in you when I need protection.”
- “You have the core of my heart beating for you, a love beyond what a metaphor can express.”
- “My vow this day is that I won’t only listen, but hear
I won’t only trust, but be honest
I won’t only receive love, but I’ll love.”
Romantic Wedding Vows For Him
These are groom wedding vows laced with romance, can also double as vows for her. Great for hopeless romantics and romance-themed weddings. You can also speak your romantic wedding vows for him from the heart. It’s a way to personalize and assure her of your love.
- “In your expressive eyes, I found total compassion
In your rare golden heart, I found priceless love, in your deep beautiful soul, I found, my other half, a kindred spirit
You are worth the world and my everything”
- “Faithfulness and unending patience, total respect and lightheartedness, active attentiveness and self-improvement I promise.
Your triumphs I’ll celebrate, and for your failures, I’ll love you more.”
- “Your greatest cheerleader, biggest fan and partner in crime, I pledge to be.
I’ll build a great family with you, the home of patience, love, and understanding. I promise you.
I grow grey, and old with you, I vow.
With love, I’ll be with you to overcome what may come
Always, as I give you my life today.”
- “To find someone as special as you, out of all the people in the world, is one I never imagined.
You’re forever my best friend and one true love.
Marrying you today makes me a lucky man, and I can’t believe it.
This privilege, I promise to never forget for the rest of our days.”
- “Without reservation, I promise to love you. In distressing time, I will comfort you. To achieve your goals, I’ll encourage you. Grow with you, laugh with you, cry with you and be all yours. In body, soul, and spirit till the end of time.”
Traditional Wedding Vow Examples For Him
Traditional wedding vows are quite filled with depth and form the bedrock of most vows. Tap into vows that are old, rich and timeless and get inspired. These are the best wedding vows for him if you’re having a religious or cultural wedding. For laid back couple and simple wedding, traditional wedding vows are ideal.
- “To make you happy unending, make you laugh, and always come through for you is my vow.”
- “On my waking mornings, you’re the first I want to see, and the last I want to see at night. I’m eager to enjoy the smallest moments with you, as the beauty of your eyes. I needn’t spin a coin to make a wish, because you’re my dream come true.”
- “The other half of me you are, bringing on laughter when I’m sad. The constant voice of reason when I’d be rash, my finder when I’m lost. My patient teacher, guide, and one true love.”
- “My life, yours to hold forever, and my dreams, around you, built my vows to you always.”
- “You, I take as my wife, with a promise to look into your eyes as now… With passionate love and soulful amazement, I take thee to be my wife and promise to look into your eyes just like I do now, with love and soulful amazement. Forever with you ain’t enough.”
Long Sample Vows For Him
Vows are the most romantic and sacred aspect of the wedding. Long wedding vows give the groom all the time in the world to express his undying love. Long marriage vows for him articulate feelings in words. These are wedding vows perfect for the romantic traditional couple, and ideal for formal weddings. See sample vows for him below.
- “You’re looking so breathtaking and beautiful to me today,
but believe that you always look breathtaking to me
and you’ll always be this beautiful to me,
tomorrow, and the next day and the next.
As suave as you are in my presence and right now,
I will fall deeper and love you more and more each day of our divine marriage.”
- “You’ve made me the happiest man in the world today
by picking me worthy to share your life with me.
To cherish, love and respect you I promise.
To care for, defend you and protect you I promise, to comfort, praise you and encourage you I promise.
And to be with you now, and for all of eternity I promise.”
- “In bad and good times, I promise to love you
When the going gets tough or easier
When it takes an effort to love you and when it’s simple
I will love, cherish and honor you
and will hold you in highest regard always.
Today I give you this promise for all the days of our lives.”
- “Today we build a formidable team for life, and I thank you for standing here with me.
On and by your will I will be, loving you as you are,
and the person you will grow and turn out to be.
I will give my time and energy to understand your wishes, desires, fears, and dreams and will lay it all down to make you happy.
I will be there for you when you need me, whenever you need me, and I will support you through misfortune, and celebrate your triumphs.
And I will keep our lives exciting, adventurous, and full of passion.
I can’t wait to start this new and exciting adventure with the person I love most in the world.”
- “I will not vow to be noble or to live our lives in perfect harmony,
because there is no such thing nor should there be.
We promise only to do our best and live out our lives.
Dear God, that’s all we can promise in truth.
Marry me – come and be my wife,
And let us try before we die
To make some sense of life.
We’re neither pure nor wise nor good; we’ll do the best we know;
We’ll build our house, and chop our wood, and make our garden grow.”
Funny Men Wedding Vows
Funny men wedding vows help give the guests an insight into the loving bond the husband and wife will share. These beautiful men wedding vows are witty and heartfelt at the same time. Ideal for playful couples who have simple weddings.
- “I pledge to listen to your advice, and seldom take it
I pledge to never take score… even if I’m winning
I pledge to always admire your huge, strong, kind and determined heart
I pledge that I will love you.”
- “You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow still you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I’m the one who gets to marry you.”
- “I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you.”
- “I promise to be your navigator, consoler, sidekick, best friend, and your husband. And last, I promise you myself.”
- “I vow to listen, for as long as it takes for you to feel heard.
I vow to watch in awe as you kick ass and take names
And I vow to be your unrelenting cheer squad on the days it feels too much
I vow that I will love you.”
Unique And Non-Traditional Wedding Vows Examples
Unique wedding vows for him are refreshing. Ideal for millennial couples who have destination, barn, beach or formal sophisticated weddings. Not affiliated to any faith, Supreme Being or cultural belief, it’s ideal for every and any kind of wedding. Get inspired by some vows examples.
- “I promise to be the man that I see now in your eyes, today, tomorrow, and for always.”
- “Today, ______, I join my life to yours, not only as your husband, but as your friend, your lover, and your confidant. Let me be the shoulder you lean on, the rock on which you rest, the companion of your life. With you, I will walk my path from this day forward.”
- “I love you. Today is a very special day. Long ago you were just a dream and a prayer. Thank you for being what you are to me. With our future as bright as the promises of God. I will care for you, honor and protect you. And I lay down my life for you my friend and my love.”
- “I love you because you make me proud. Because you are adventurous and happy. You are the dream I never dreamed of come true. I love you because you make me say, ‘Yes, we can. Yes, I want. Yes, I do.”
- “All that I am and all that I have, I offer to you in love and in joy. From this day forward I will love and comfort you, hold you close, prize you above all others, and remain faithful to you all the days of our lives.”
Romantic Wedding Vows From Movies
When overwhelmed with emotions, worded expressions are hard. Screenwriters make the job easier by penning down some of the greatest love sayings. If movies are your thing, you’ll find romantic wedding vows you love. From when Harry Met Sally to sleepless in Seattle, find your best wedding vows for him.
- “So it’s not going to be easy. It’s going to be really hard. And we are going to have to work at this everyday. But I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday.”
- “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together, and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like magic.”
- “Ever thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours.”
Simple Wedding Vows For Him
Looking for simple wedding vows for him to tell her just how right she is for you? We’ve put together modern vows for him that pledges your love and devotion forever. You mustn’t say a lot to say it all. See some of the best wedding vows for him below.
- “I will take your love to give me hope, give me joy, and make me a better man.”
- “I vow to make you happy, to make you laugh, to cherish you, and to always be there for you.”
- “I promise to be your navigator, sympathizer, sidekick, best friend, and your husband. Finally, I promise you myself.”
- “I vow to always protect you from harm, to stand with you against your troubles, and look to you when I need protection.”
Sample Wedding Vows For Him – One-Liners
Make your very first sentence and all lines in between pack punches by using the right one-liners. This sample wedding vows for him will make everyone laugh, keep her blushing while passing your message. If you feel like some humor, balance out funny vows with catchy marriage one-liners for him.
- “Without you I am nothing—with you I am more than myself.”
- “You are loved more than any metaphor can ever express.”
- “I vow to make my life forever yours and build my dreams around you.”
- “I promise to be the man that I see now in your eyes—today, tomorrow, and for always.”
How To Write Vows For Him
There are a few tips for writing your wedding vows which makes the job easier. Learning how to write vows for him is nothing bogus. If you’re a groom to be in dilemma, here are some simple tips to help you coin the perfect vows for him.
- Start preparing your wedding vows about three weeks before the wedding.
- Decide on how long the vow will be. This will depend on the total time of your ceremony, and time allotted to important stages.
- Map out the scope of your vows. Do you want funny, heartfelt, romantic, or generic?
- Decide if you want to incorporate some religion or tradition into your vows.
- Go remote and reflect on your feelings, then write from your heart.
- Get a jotting pad, and list down your thoughts. Create skeletons, as it doesn’t have to be full blown at once.
- Try to create three or four drafts of your vows.
- Be consistent with using the phrase “I love you”, for it’s important.
- Never make any promises you don’t intend to keep.
- Make sincere promises on being there through thick and thin.
- Reminisce on the highs and lows, good and bad, for no relationship is perfect. And your audience understands that, as it makes your love more authentic.
- Accept and state that you will need the help and support of friends and family. You haven’t the slightest ability to do it all alone.
- Accept the imperfections of you, yet perfect in his love.
- Personalize your vows by mentioning specific attributes of your wife to be.
- Lace it all over with some romantic humor.
- Sprinkle it with a sentimental touch. It’s your wedding, and nobody will fault you for being mushy.
- Practice your wedding vows by reading it out loud, as you’d do at the wedding.
- Source inspiration from books, movies, songs and other real wedding vows you like.
- Get a person you trust to listen to you and edit.
- Make a new copy and keep safe, in preparation for the wedding.
With the above tips listed, let’s show you a template of how groom wedding vows look.
Groom’s Wedding Vow Template
To make create that perfect groom speech for a wedding, you need to understand the basics. Every wedding vow gets its inspiration from traditional wedding vows. It’s the source from which all other vows emanate. So, we’ll show you a template of a traditional wedding vow, which you can tweak to suit. See template below.
“I, (name) take thee (name), to be my wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward. For better, for worse, for richer for poorer; in sickness and in health; to have and to cherish, as long as we both shall live. And hereto, I pledge you my faithfulness to show to you the same kind of love as Christ showed the Church when He died for her, and to love you as a part of myself because in His sight we shall be one.”
Long, short, romantic, unique and more wedding vows for him make the day unforgettable. They are simple and easy to remember. We have examples for every category, whether funny, traditional, or simple. Also, get some tips to guide you on how to write vows for him. We gift you a template for groom wedding vow at the end, to make your nuptials a beautiful one.