In the last few years, quite a few couples have been playing “The Shoe Game”.
A fun way for the guests to get to know the newlyweds, and lots of laughs for the happy couple.
The shoe game is very simple to play and all your guests will have a blast.newlywed games
The game is best played after guests had some food and drinks and got comfortable.
You might also be interested in Fun Engagement Party Games To Make Your Guests Laugh
How To Play The Shoe Game
Usually, after dinner has been served and everyone has had a few drinks, the bride and groom will sit back to back and exchange one shoe (the bride gives the groom one of her shoes and vice versa).
Then someone, usually a family member or member of the bridal party, will ask a series of questions like “Who does the most work around the house?” and the bride and groom then hold up the corresponding shoe to match the answer.
The questions should be compiled beforehand, perhaps by the bridal party, or early on, each guest can submit a question and the best ones are chosen for the wedding game.
The questions should be funny and light-hearted, not serious or offensive. In case you have trouble thinking of amusing questions, we have compiled a list of 50 questions, although 20-30 is usually sufficient since the game should last about 10 minutes.
Feel free to pick and chose some of our suggestions, or get creative and come up with your own. The Shoe Game is meant to entertain so have fun!
Read on for some simple rules on how to play the game as well as a list of 50 questions you can use.
Shoe Game Question Ideas
- Who has the most friends?
- Who can hold their liquor better?
- Whose idea was it to play The Shoe Game?
- Who is the better athlete?
- Who apologizes first after a fight?
- Who is the one who is always late?
- Who is the bookworm?
- Who was most popular in high school?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who cries during sappy movies?
- Who screams at the television during sporting events?
- Who makes better coffee?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who spends the most money?
- Who owns the most clothes?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who is the safer driver?
- Who is texts the most?
- Who spends the most time online?
- Who watches the most television?
- Who is the better singer?
- Who spends the most time on the phone?
- Who has the most shoes?
- Who was the bigger nerd in high school?
- Who is the best dancer?
- Who said “I love you” first?`
- Who made the first move?
- Who will kill the spiders in the house?
- Who will run screaming from spiders?
- Who is the biggest animal lover?
- Who remember birthdays and anniversaries?
- Who is more artistic?
- Who has better taste in music?
- Who is the biggest flirt?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who is the biggest gossip?
- Who will do the auto repairs?
- Who is in charge of the remote control?
- Who gives the best presents?
- Who snores the most?
- Who talks in their sleep?
- Who has the best sense of humor?
- Who is the better baker?
- Who will write out the Christmas cards?
- Who will want children first?
- Who will plan vacations and road trips?
- Who is the fitness fanatic?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who talks the most?
- and finally (ahhhhh)…..Who do you love more than life itself?
So what do you think? Will you incorporate this into your wedding reception?