Your wedding guests will be of different generations: from grandparents to nephews and nieces to friends of your own age. That is why both wedding planning experts and modern couples agree that today’s weddings should feature a good mix of new wedding songs (40% of your playlist) as well as the classics (60% of your wedding party playlist).
We have taken the time to come up with an extensive list of wedding songs to help you pick the right music in 2023.
Brides Often Ask
What are the most popular wedding songs right now?
From new wedding songs to classics, there are lots of tunes that make the list for most popular wedding songs. Depending on the type of wedding, you’re often bound to hear songs such as “Marry You” by Bruno Mars, “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder, or “All of Me” by John Legend.
What song is always played at weddings?
One of the most played songs at weddings is the classic “Here Comes The Bride” Bridal Chorus from Wagner. However, the best new wedding song often played at weddings is the “Perfect Duet” by Ed Sheeran, featuring Beyoncé.
How do I choose a wedding song?
- Choose a song for every aspect of your wedding, from the prelude to the processional, and then the recession, as well as the wedding reception.
- Pick songs that are significant to your relationship and also sentimental enough for your celebration.
- Run your song list by your partner; they might have some contributions of their own.
Getting Ready Wedding Songs 2023
Our getting ready songs are a combination of fun and emotion to keep you high-spirited and calm at the same time. These latest songs for getting ready are a balance of everything, from the calm Best Day Of My Life by American Authors to the danceable Marry You by Bruno Mars. Check them below.
- Lady Gaga – The Cure
- Sam Hunt – Body Like a Back Road
- Calvin Harris ft. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams, and Ariana Grande – Heatstroke
- Misterwives – Outside the Lines
- Bruno Mars – Marry You
- BTS – DNA
- Avicii – Wake Me Up
- OMI (Felix Jaehn Remix) – Cheerleader
- American Authors – Best Day of My Life
- A$AP Rocky – Sundress
- Shane Filan – Beautiful In White
- Christina Perri – A Thousands Years
- Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber – 10,000 Hours
- Ed Sheeran – Perfect
- Mimi Webb – Dumb Love
Pick a song for the first dance?
Best New Wedding Reception Songs
You do not need go searching for fit songs for the reception anymore! New hit songs like Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran which talks about loving your partner forever is perfect.
Do you want to turn up the heat a bit? Treasure by Bruno Mars and some new pop songs below will leave the different stages of your reception popping! Which are your best choices from our favorites below?
Here we give you a list of some of the most popular new dance songs to play at various points during your wedding reception:
- DJ Snake – Taki Taki
- Train – Marry Me
- Bruno Mars – Treasure
- Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat – Lucky
- Jason Derulo, LAY, NCT 127 – Let’s Shut Up & Dance
- Harry Styles – Sweet Creature
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop the Feeling
- Sweet Tea Project – Lover’s Lullaby
- Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line – Meant to Be
- Kygo & Imagine Dragons – Born To Be Yours
- Niall Horan – MBlack And White
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
Beautiful Entrance Songs
After months of planning and getting ready for the big day, to the ceremony of sealed partnership, it’s time to begin your journey in style. It is time to let your hair down, gather everyone that came to celebrate you, and boogie to great music. This starts by making a grand entrance to your reception. At this point, you need a perfect playlist filled with top songs that not only tell your love story but are interesting enough to light up the whole place. We have pulled up a number of new hit songs that will not only announce your entry in style. But will keep the guests on their feet, sweating it out as they dance the night away.
- Weezer – Take On Me
- Panic! At The Disco – High Hopes
- The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be
- Train – Play That Song
- Chantal Kreviazuk – Feels Like Home
- Ed Sheeran ft. Beyonce – Perfect Duet
- John Legend – All of Me
- Edwin McCain – I’ll Be
- Faith Evans – Love Like This
- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell – You’re All I Need To Get By
- Justin Bieber – CConfirmation
- Kina Grannis – Can’t Help Falling In Love
- Dan + Shay – Speechless
- Lauv ft. Julia Michaels – There’s No Way
- Tori Kelly – I Was Made For Loving You ft. Ed Sheeran
New First Dance Wedding Songs
You can choose one of the great love songs such as “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (or Dolly Parton), “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder or “God Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts. However, if you are going with more traditional music and some of the latest lyrics, you can take a look at the following first dance songs:
- Lady Gaga – Always Remember Us This Way (From A Star Is Born Soundtrack)
- Michael Bublé – When I Fall In Love
- Tom Odell – Grow Old With Me
- Tamia – Deeper
- Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper – Shallow (A Star Is Born)
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Shawn Mendes – Fallin’ All In You
- Ben Folds – The Luckiest
- Brett Eldredge – Love Someone
- Kane Brown – Heaven
- ZAYN, Zhavia Ward – A Whole New World
Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Songs like Hero by Maria Carey and The Greatest by Sia, among other current popular songs below are the best for a father-daughter dance. Below is a father-daughter wedding dance perfect playlist to make your job easier.
- Anthony Carter – Daddy’s Angel
- Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole – Unforgettable
- Kat Jennings and Angela Lansbury – Not While I’m Around
- Tim McGraw – My little girl
- Mariah Carey – Hero
- The Temptations – My Girl
- Krystal Keith – Daddy Dance With Me
- Phil Collins – You’ll Be In My Heart
- Charlie Puth – One Call Away
- Sia – The Greatest
- Sia – The Greatest
- This Dance – Scott Thomas Laughridge
- Before You Know It (Something Borrowed) – J.B. Boone & Sofia Franco
New Mother-Son Dance Songs
Top songs like Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion tell of the endless and unconditional love a mother has for her son. Mothers are irreplaceable jewels. The mother-son dance is a time mother and son reaffirm how much they mean to each other. We also have a bias for a song, which is the Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler. These and other new songs best tell the mother-son story at the wedding dance.
- Calum Scott – No Matter What
- Bette Midler – Wind Beneath My Wings
- Carole King – Child of Mine
- Queen Naija – Mama’s Hand
- Rascal Flatts – My Wish
- Boyz II Men – A Song for Mama
- Matthew John – Everything
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole – Over the Rainbow
- Rod Stewart – Forever Young
- Roberta Flack – The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Sweet Cake Cutting Songs
We’ve put together current popular songs that best describe the strength of your relationship. They also speak of the bond you share, the mood of the moment, and what the beautiful cake represents to you. Any tempo of cake-cutting songs you favor is present, from the romantic Anywhere by Rita Ora to the passionate Unforgettable by French Montana.
- DJ Khaled – I’m The One
- Brian Fallon – If Your Prayers Don’t Get To Heaven
- Rita Ora – Anywhere
- DJ Khaled – Wild Thoughts
- The Vamps, Matoma – All Night
- Katy Perry – Chained to the Rhythm
- Zara Larsson – So Good
- Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still
- Camila Cabello – Havana (Remix)
- French Montana – Unforgettable
- Skylar Grey – Stand By Me
- James Arthur – Falling Like The Stars
The Most Emotional Wedding Songs For Last Dance
Here are some of the most popular last dance songs:
- Cat Power – What The World Needs Now
- Jordan Fletcher – Miles to the Moon
- Diana Ross – I’m Coming Out
- Morgan Davis – Dance With Me
- The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life
- Garth Brooks – The Dance
- ‘NSync – Bye Bye Bye
- Ed Sheeran – Best Part Of Me
- Katy Perry – Never Worn White
The Most Popular Upbeat Love Songs
Find the songs of all time that are cheery, positive, uplifting, and upbeat in order to get everyone in a good mood here:
- Marshmello ft. Bastille – Happier
- Kacey Musgraves – Butterflies
- Hall & Oates – You Make My Dreams Come True
- Maroon 5 – Girls Like You ft. Cardi B
- Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid – Eastside
- Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
- Florence and the Machine – The Dog Days Are Over
- Post Malone, Swae Lee – Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- P!nk – Raise Your Glass
- Dolly Parton & Rhonda Vincent – If We Don’t (from Dumplin’)
New Country Wedding Songs
The best new country wedding songs can set the right tone for every aspect of your wedding. Choose dance tracks and ballads to fit each stage of your special day, right from the processional to your first and last dance at the wedding reception.
- Florida Georgia Line – Simple
- Maddie & Tae – Everywhere I’m Going
- Russell Dickerson – Every Little Thing
- Kane Brown – Like a Rodeo
- Marshmello & Kane Brown – One Thing Right
- Jordan Davis – Slow Dance In A Parking Lot
- Sam Hunt – Sinning With You
- Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber – 10,000 Hours
- Blake Shelton – Nobody But You
- Luke Combs – Lovin’ On You
Best Wedding Song List 2023 the Year You Were Born—Until Now
Check out more songs below.
- Paul McCartney & Wings – Silly Love Songs
- Donna Summer – Last Dance
- K-Ci & JoJo – All My Life
- The Lumineers – Ho Hey
- Michael Bublé – Save The Last Dance For Me
- AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
- Blane Howard – Promise to Love Her
- Semisonic – Closing Time
- Brandon Heath – Love Never Fails
- Bebe Rexha – Meant to Be
- B.o.B – Nothin’ On You ft. Bruno Mars
- Lukas Graham – Love Someone
- Niall Horan – Put A Little Love On Me
Wedding Music Mix 2023 by Dj Wedzilla
Check out top tracks for your wedding reception – “ready-to-play” playlist wedding Dj has made special for you!
New wedding song 2023 for your reception by Dj Wedzilla
We have listed many current popular songs of a different genre, which makes the job of picking songs for every stage of your wedding easier. These songs are fashionable for every type of real wedding style you would want to have. We are sure a lot of your favorites fall within our lists above.
Check them out, select your best songs of all time and compile your wedding playlist.
Fill up your wedding list with songs that tell your story the way you love it while capturing every stage of your wedding right!