A beach wedding is an ultimate excuse to find that one dress that will capture the lights and breeze and lovely ambiance of the beach. It would be no surprise if you browse full 2018 collection of beach wedding dresses to find that special one. You’re in luck and at the right place if you’re wondering what to wear to a beach wedding. For your special benefit, we’ve provided you with the best examples of wedding beach, destination, boho outfits you can and many other upbeat options and tips for a flawless bride.
Photo 1-6: Boho Beach Wedding Dresses
Source: Anna Kuznetcova, Julie Vino, Rish Bridal
Bohemian wedding dresses are known for giving brides that effortless yet sexy look. Below are a few tips on accessorizing a boho beach wedding dress.
- Earrings: lovely drop earrings can be great accessories for a boho beach wedding dress. Whether long and droopy or short and light would depend on the style of dress you pair it with.
- A shrug: A lovely shrug can be a great accessory for off the shoulder beach wedding dresses. Asides the beauty, this will help also with the sea breeze as it gets cooler and cooler.
- Necklace: A pearl or beach themed necklace for that creative boho bride. Find the right pair to accessorize your simple sexy wedding dress.
- Barefoot sandals: This can be a lovely addition to a bohemian look for a beach wedding. These sandals come in different fabulous styles and can top off your look effortlessly.
Do you want to complete your wedding beach look? Click to see the most popular wedding hairstyles ideas on Pinterest!
Photo 7-12: Destination Wedding Dresses
Source: Berta Bridal, Tali Photography, Grace Loves Lace
Source: Anna Campell, Katherine Joyce, Gali Karten
While choosing a destination wedding dress might seem a daunting task, it can be transformed into a fun activity. There are just a few things you must consider when searching for destination wedding dresses.
- Choose your fabric & style wisely: a beach wedding dress speaks flowy and sexy and possibly see through. For the perfect snapshots from any angle, you want that dress to maximize all the pros of a wedding on the beach. Chiffon is not only a great fabric choice considering all of this, it also travels very well.
You might also like: 27 Unique & Hot Sexy Wedding Dresses
- Know your budget: When choosing your dress, remember to keep within the lines of your budget. There are fabulous dresses within each budget limit; You just have to find them.
- Think creatively: Thinking outside the box and the limits of tradition help you find even more options of sexy beach dresses. There are dresses which come in shorter styles instead of the traditional long dress. There’s open back dresses, gowns with rhinestones that bounce off the lights at your event and make great pictures. There’s a lot to discover in thinking creatively about that dress.
- Prep for the dress: Depending on your choice of dress, you might want to prepare for it. Get your tan going girl, or lose a few pounds here and there, it’s your choice. But do your best to look and feel as great as you intend to on your special day.
Photo 13-18: Romantic Beach Bridal Dresses
Source: Goddess By Nature, Tali Photography, Steven Khalil
Source: Alamour The Label, Matan Shaked, Tali Photography
There’s nothing that spells romance quite like linen wedding dresses. The smoothness of the fabric and the way it accentuates curves make for breathtaking photos. These dresses come in all shapes and styles. For instance, vintage wedding dresses are the epitome of style and timeless romance.
Photo 19-24: Interesting Backless Bridal Dresses
Source: Allure Bridals, Lovers Society, Anna Campell
Backless wedding dresses are at the top of sexy beach dresses. There is nothing like showing a little skin in such a modest way. Below are tips for pulling off a backless number in true style.
- How low: In choosing your backless gown it’s important to decide how low you’d want the back to hang. Do you want it halfway or all the way?
- Underwear: This is a priority when choosing a backless number. Decide early on what kind of underwear would fit perfectly with this gown. You don’t want anything peeking or any discomfort on your special day. If you feel you’d need additional support built into the dress, you can discuss this with the store owner or dressmaker.
- Accessories: Do you want your back bare or would you like a back chain necklace? You could use gems or pearls to adorn your back and amp the sexy.
- Prep for the dress: Thinking of your back as a blank canvas, decide in time if you need to do any prepping. Are there any zits that need to be exfoliated? Or any hairs that might need to be removed? Or will a light tan be just enough?
- Hair: Upstyles or side-swept hairstyles are a great choice for showing off your back in a backless number.
Photo 25-30: Simple Bridal Dresses For You
Source: Amanda Wakeley, Suzanne Neville, Alexandra Grecco
Source: Stephanie Allin, Karly Ford Photography, Jane Hill
Simple speaks volumes where style is concerned. Simple is by no means boring. This is why simple sexy wedding dresses are a great choice for that timeless bride. Simple wedding dresses paired with the right accessories and makeup draw attention from the dress to the bride.
Photo 31-36: Petite Beach Wedding Gowns For You
Source: Tali Photography, Gali Karten, Tali Photography
Source: Anna Campbell, Dana Harel, Daalarna
Not many people think petite when considering wedding dresses for outdoor wedding. However, there are a number of fabulous styles which fall into this category. Some styles include off the shoulder sleeves, v-neck gowns with half sleeves; or short sheath simple gowns for that classy look.
Photo 37-39: Charming Lace Wedding Gowns
Source: Nicole Spose, Hayley Paige, Galia Lahav
Lace wedding gowns are absolutely priceless. There’s something about the lace fabric that looks beautiful however you use it. Below are a few tips on choosing the best for your big day.
– Type of fabric: When choosing the particular lace fabric for your beach wedding dress, be sure not to choose on that is heavy. You’ll need breathable fabric which won’t have the bride sweating during the ceremony.
– Style: Also keeping in mind the style of dress helps in choosing the fabric. This is because you’ll need the lace fabric which works well with your style of choice and photographs well from all angles.
– Budget: Stay within your budget. It is easy to get carried away with the lots of beautiful lace dresses out there. However, you are sure to find one absolutely beautiful and perfect without straining your purse.
Photo 40-42: Mermaid Beach Wedding Dresses
While a lot of beautiful wedding dresses come in this style, not all body types are suited for mermaid wedding dresses. Due to how figure hugging the mermaid gown is, it is perfect for the bride who is confident of herself and her body.
- The mermaid dress is also best worn by slimmer figures since comfort is a priority during a wedding. The fitted nature of the dress leaves no allowance for hiding or tucking in any excesses.
- More voluptuous brides are advised against the mermaid dress, but it is the perfect choice for any bride who wants to accentuate every curve.
Photo 43-45: Beach Bridal Gowns With Spaghetti Straps
Source: Passaro Sposa, Inbal Dror, Grace Love Lace
Not the popular choice, however, there’s a lot of pretty styles in short gowns. Also, a number of unconventional brides opt for short wedding dresses. Choosing to wed in a short gown will have you feeling free and unencumbered as a bird. Here are a few tips on the best body types for short dresses.
- While there is no perfect dress or body type, there are the ways of pulling off perfection in a dress. Pairing the right dress and body type is one of these ways.
- Short dresses look great on pear-shaped body types whether, for a tall or short bride, this dress falls well and shows off the legs.
- Short dresses are great for square body types where the shoulders, waist, and hips are roughly the same size too. However, this dress should have ruffles towards the hem to create the illusion of more curves. This can also be achieved by adding a belt.
Photo 46-48: Flowy Wedding Dresses
A marvelous choice for a beach wedding is the flowy wedding dress. This type of wedding dress captures the essence of the seaside. The flow of the breeze, the lightness of the occasion. It comes in different styles and fabric. There are high low beach wedding dresses, simple flowy dresses, all different kinds of beach wedding attire.
Photo 49-51: Lovely Beach Wedding Dresses With Sleeves
Source: Julie Vino, Rue De Seine, Bowtie and Bloom
There’s lovely backless dresses, off-shoulder dresses, tubes and even sleeveless dresses. However, there are also some truly spectacular beach wedding dresses with sleeves. The fun thing about sleeves is that they come in different sizes and styles. A white beach dress, linen, lace or even chiffon can be extremely beautiful with a long or short sheer sleeve. The sleeve can be fitting or loose, it can be half or full. There are a lot of fun sleeve styles to choose from.
- Full sleeves look great on virtually any body type. However, embroidered sleeve are better for thin arms and sheer sleeves for fuller arms.
- Quarter sleeves also work well for brides with fuller arms, because they give the illusion of making them look thinner. These sleeves however work well for all body types.
- Sleeveless gowns look great on brides with thinner arms. The short sleeve and half sleeves are much better choices for fuller arms.
These numerous choices can make for a great time while searching through beach wedding dresses to find the perfect one.