A beach wedding is an ultimate excuse to find that one dress that will capture the lights and breeze and lovely ambiance of the beach. You’re in luck and at the right place if you’re wondering what to wear to a beach wedding.
For your special benefit, we’ve provided you with the best examples of beach wedding dresses, boho outfits you can, and many other upbeat options and tips for a flawless bride.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of dress should I wear to a beach wedding?
Casual beach brides may opt for shorter frocks, midi-length dresses, or high-low hemlines. If you want to wear something more formal, turn to flow A-line silhouettes.
Do I need to wear shoes as a beach bride?
For beach brides, shoes are optional! If you envision yourself walking down the aisle barefoot in the sand, then go for it. However, if you prefer to wear shoes, consider flat sandals, sturdy wedges, or block heels.
Bohemian Beach Wedding Dresses
Bohemian beach wedding dresses are known for giving brides that effortless yet sexy look. Below are a few tips on accessorizing a beach wedding dress.
- Earrings: lovely drop earrings can be great accessories for a boho beach wedding dress. Whether long and droopy or short and light would depend on the style of dress you pair it with.
- Necklace: A pearl or beach-themed necklace for that creative boho bride. Find the right pair to accessorize your simple sexy wedding dress.
- Barefoot sandals: These can be a lovely addition to a bohemian look for a beach wedding. Sandals come in different fabulous styles and can top off your look effortlessly.
Sexy Beach Wedding Gowns
There are a number of fabulous styles which fall into this category.
- Sweetheart wedding dresses. The most popular style now. Choosing to wed in a sweetheart gown will have you feeling free and unencumbered as a bird.
- Mermaid dress. It’s the perfect choice for any bride who wants to accentuate every curve and who is confident in herself and her body.
- Flowy wedding dress. This type of wedding dress captures the essence of the seaside. The flow of the breeze, the lightness of the occasion. It comes in different styles and fabrics. There are high-low beach wedding dresses, simple flowy dresses, and all different kinds of beach wedding attire.
Lace Beach Wedding Gowns
Lace wedding gowns are absolutely priceless. There’s something about the lace fabric that looks beautiful however you use it. So, below are a few tips on choosing the best for your big day.
- Type of fabric: When choosing a particular lace fabric for your beach wedding dress, be sure not to choose one that is heavy. You’ll need breathable fabric which won’t have the bride sweating during the ceremony.
- Style: Also keeping in mind the style of the dress helps in choosing the fabric. This is because you’ll need the lace fabric which works well with your style of choice and photographs well from all angles.
Casual Beach Bridal Dresses
Not all brides are enthused with bedazzled trains, beaded bodices, or dramatic looks. They just prefer casual wedding dresses that make them look classic without sacrificing style.
Casual beach wedding dresses feature just as many details as glitz and glam creations. They are whimsical and airy. From something sexy to pantsuits. The options are endless!
Stressed out about wedding planning? We’ve got you covered! Check out our printable wedding planning checklists, suitable for all stages of your wedding planning journey.
Backless Bridal Dresses
Backless wedding dresses are at the top of sexy beach wedding dresses. There is nothing like showing a little skin in such a modest way. Below are tips for pulling off a backless number in true style.
- How low: In choosing your backless gown it’s important to decide how low you’d want the back to hang. Do you want it halfway or all the way?
- Underwear: This is a priority when choosing a backless number. Decide early on what kind of underwear would fit perfectly with this gown.
- Accessories: Do you want your back bare or would you like a back chain necklace? You could use gems or pearls to adorn your back and amp the sexy.
- Hair: Upstyles or side-swept hairstyles are a great choice for showing off your back in a backless number.
Simple Beach Bridal Dresses
Simple is by no means boring. This is why minimalist sexy wedding dresses are a great choice for that timeless bride. These simple beach wedding dresses paired with the right accessories and makeup draw attention from the dress to the bride.
Consider that a beach wedding dress should speak flowy, sexy, and possibly see-through. For this, the perfect variant will be chiffon is not only a great fabric choice considering all of this, but it also travels very well.