Ball gown style dresses are designed with a tight-fitting bodice and a full skirt. They are very glamorous and perfect for the bride who is envisioning a fairy-tale style wedding.
We have compiled a list of some of the most stylish ball gown bridal dresses including strapless and off the shoulder bridal gowns. Feel free to pursue our gallery of ball gown wedding dresses to help you find the wedding gown you have wanted since you were a little girl!
You might also like Wedding Looks: 9 Bridal Gowns, Hairstyle, Shoes & Bouquet Ideas
Photo 1-6: Ball Gowns With Long Sleeves
Unless you are getting married during the Fall or Winter, you might not be considering a long-sleeved wedding gown. However, ball gowns with long sleeves are extremely classy and dramatic. Maybe you are envisioning old-fashioned long sleeves, but today’s bridal gowns with long sleeves are offered in many different styles, including lace, sheer, silk or even illusion. Below are some of the advantages of long sleeved ball gown bridal gowns.
Benefits of Long Sleeve Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
- Cover up tattoos, birthmarks, freckles and such.
- Ideal for Autumn and Winter weddings.
- Best look for a bride who is going for a romantic, sophisticated look.
- Great choice for those having a religious wedding ceremony.
- Ideal for slimming or covering up upper arms for those who are very modest and/or sensitive about their body type.
Very much in style this season.
Photo 7-12: Amazing Lace Wedding Dresses
One cannot completely dismiss lace ball wedding ball gowns when looking at ball gown style wedding dresses. Lace is timeless and elegant and can add so much detail to any a-line wedding dresses or any other style. If you are picturing a demure, delicate and dainty wedding dress, lace is the perfect embellishment. Lace embodies both elegance and sexiness. And a ball gown style wedding dress with a lace corset is the embodiment of grace, style, and sophistication.
Advantages of Lace Corset Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
- Enhances and emphasizes the bust line
- Ideal for slimming and elongating the waistline
- Adds unique and exquisite details to any style wedding gown
- Perfect for classic style weddings but also adds a modern, sexy vibe for the fashion-forward bride
Look amazing on any style wedding gown from ball gowns to mermaid wedding dresses.
Click here to see the most popular wedding hairstyles ideas from Pinterest! You’ll be admire!
Photo 13-18: Princess Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
Speaking of Cinderella, a princess style ball gown could be the ideal dress for you. If you are picturing a ball gown style dress adorned with elegant embellishments and lots of flairs, a princess dress is right up your alley. But they are not suitable for every figure. For example, ball downs might not be the ideal choice for the petite bride as she could get lost in all the extra flair.
Types of Figures Suited for Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
- Hourglass Shape: If you have an hourglass shape, a ball gown with a fitted corset can highlight your shape and flatter both your bust line and waistline.
- Pear Shape: For those with a pear shape, a ball gown will both flatter and hide your larger bottom area without taking away from your bustline.
- Apple Shape: For those with a more rounded shape throughout, such as an apple figure, a ball gown can elongate your torso and flatter your waistline.
Princess style ball gown wedding gowns tend to have a fuller skirt and suit more formal weddings, usually those held indoors. If you want to really have a fairytale wedding a princess style gown is perfect!
Photo 19-24: Low Back & Sweetheart Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
Low back dresses are an excellent choice for the modern bride who isn’t afraid to show off a little skin without being vulgar. As well, sweetheart ball gowns are the perfect fit for the bride who is going for a romantic and feminine vibe.
Both of these styles are gorgeous whether separate or paired together. A sweetheart neckline paired with a low back or backless wedding dress is elegant and chic. Both styles are available in a wide selection of materials, including sheer or lace. If you are want to recreate the perfect Cinderella-style ball gown for your wedding, one of the stunning dresses pictured here might be just what you are looking for.
Photo 25-27: Simple Ball Gowns For Any Theme
Ball gown wedding dresses are ideal for almost any style of wedding, from Boho chic to garden or cathedral wedding. However, if you are having a themed wedding, they are a perfect choice!
Whether your favorite Disney princess is Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle or any other Disney Princess, you will be sure to find a breathtaking beautiful ball gown bridal gown to fit your wedding! Don’t forget to add accessories such as a tiara or princess style jewelry to your wedding ensemble. As well, you can style your hair into an elegant chignon or fancy updo to match your theme and make you look and feel like a princess!
Photo 28-30: Ball Gown Dresses With Train
Ball gown dresses with a train are perfect for a semi-formal or formal wedding. A train can add so much detail to your ball gown wedding dress. As there are many styles, sizes, and materials, you should select a train that will complement your overall bridal look without taking away any attention from the gown itself. Following are some tips on how to choose the best train for your ball gown.
What Are Common Train Styles, and Why Should You Choose Them?
- Royal or Monarch: Monarch or royal wedding gown trains are those that extend at least a yard from the floor. These will require the assistance of the flower girl or junior bridesmaid. They are ideal for formal weddings such as those held at castle or chateau wedding venues.
- Cathedral: A cathedral wedding gown is at least 22 inches in length. This style is perfect for a formal style wedding such as a black-tie affair. They are especially stunning on ball gown style wedding gowns.
- Chapel: Chapel trains are 12-18 inches in length. They are the most popular style of bridal trains and are ideal for ballroom weddings.
- Sweep: Being six inches longer than the bridal gown, a sweep style train is a perfect choice for a more informal wedding such as an outdoor wedding.
Have we convinced you that ball gown style bridal dresses are right for you? If you want to see more, feel free to browse full 2018 collection.
No matter which style of these ball gown wedding dresses, we are sure that you are going to be the most stunning bride ever!