Black tungsten men’s wedding bands are gorgeous and durable. They also come in other colors, styles, shapes, and designs that give you value for money. If you want to do a private study on tungsten before purchase, read through this post. You’ll get all the valid information from what it is to pros and cons, types, cost, materials, and more.
Frequently Asked Question
What does a tungsten wedding band mean?
A tungsten wedding band is a ring made out of grayish metal that ranks 9 on the Mohs scale. That’s to say that it is the hardest metal known to man. Available in varieties of colors, the black tungsten men’s wedding band is the most popular. They are durable, scratch-resistant, and never lose their color long after the wedding.
Why do men like to wear tungsten rings?
Tungsten wedding rings are synonymous with toughness and durability. They are perfect for everyday wear, especially for very active men. Men who do manual work and don’t want to remove their rings prefer tungsten. It also has a high resistance to temperatures, density, and hardness. And due to these qualities, the rings are scratch-resistant. Also, if it gets damaged, they’re very affordable and easy to replace.
Should you purchase a black tungsten men’s wedding band?
Yes, you should purchase a tungsten men’s black wedding band because they’re unseating gold and silver. We’ve listed many of their qualities already, however, there’s more. You have any colors and style choices that are appealing to the modern masculine vibe. They are also high-end yet affordable and don’t need as much polishing as gold or silver. Rings remain as good as new even to your twentieth wedding anniversary.
Tungsten Men’s Wedding Band: Solid Color
Tungsten men’s wedding bands in solid color arise from various materials to give a stunning finish. You can find tungsten carbide that combines alloy carbons and tungsten. This makes a hard, dense metal with a high melting point. In its natural state, it is deep gray. However, it can be sandblasted, polished, or carved to give it an extensive range of aesthetic finishes. The solid color can also see twists like matte finishes, wood inlay, double tones, and more.
Black Tungsten VS Black Silicone Rings
We know tungsten men’s black wedding band is one of the hardest metals ever. Whereas silicone is made of flexible rubber that is also very durable. However, before you purchase any of them, let’s talk about their pros and cons.
- Tungsten is highly rated for its durability, strength, and Lustre. It is resistant to scratches and would survive active and manual labor. Plus it maintains its shine and doesn’t need consistent polishing.
- It has a contemporary appearance and comes in beautiful colors that set it apart from gold and silver. Talk about white, grey, black, and other tones in between, and you have a stunner. The masculine appeal is also in abundance.
- Black tungsten is also affordable. The high-end variants cost like $200 at most. But gold or platinum of the same grade may cost $500 to $1000.
- Men are highly sensitive to metals, but they’re safe with tungsten. Tungsten is hypoallergenic and wouldn’t cause allergies.
- Tungsten is a dense metal, so it is quite heavy on the finger. And this may be a turn-off for some men because they prefer something light.
- The hardness of this metal has another downside which is the resizing. Due to its hardness, resizing this ring may cause breakage. So, in the future, you may have to get another ring.
- While this ring would survive hard labor, it could also be brittle. Hitting it on hard surfaces or ceramic could cause shattering.
- Silicone rings are safe as they don’t conduct electricity, unlike metals. You can wear them all day and anywhere.
- They are cheap, very cheap. You can get stunning silicone rings for as low as $50. Plus they’re very easy to replace if you lose them.
- Silicone rings are durable, especially for an active lifestyle. While they wouldn’t last a lifetime, they’d go a long way and put up with any hardship.
- These rings come in varieties of breathtaking colors that you can make your choice.
- Silicone rings aren’t heirlooms and can’t be passed down through generations. A tungsten metal ring is more likely to stand the test of time.
- With silicone, there are design limitations, especially with Gemstones. You cannot mount Gemstones or diamonds on your silicone ring. So if you want some baubles on your ring, opt for metal bands.
- Silicone rings aren’t traditional, especially for marriage nuptials. People prefer sticking to metals because it allows them to make an array of choices that suit their needs.
Two-Tone Black Tungsten Men’s Wedding Band
Two-tone tungsten is available in different collections that have been explored in the last ten years. Think silver and black or black and rose gold men’s wedding band tungsten tones, and you’ve just scratched the surface. There are black tungsten rings with diamonds, and natural inlays like opal, wood, meteorite, and dinosaur bone. You’ll also find onyx, mother of pearl, and other finishes that opens a creative channel to make these rings unique. All these colors and materials contrast, giving a bold beautiful, and polished sheen to the rings.
Unique Men’s Black Tungsten Wedding Band
Unique men’s black tungsten wedding band is by far the largest collection of this metal. It boasts a wide range of styles and widths going from 6mm to as high as 12 mm. Look out for the featured steeped and beveled edges as they are polished to add an extra layer of texture. Black men’s tungsten rings are minimalist, so they need all the finesse available. If you want little twists or contrasting accents, red, lime, or purple grooves would give it a face-lift. Also, for the interior, you can do a vintage brown, vibrant blue, modern white, or contemporary silver.
Simple And Classic Black Tungsten Wedding Band
Simple and classic black tungsten men’s wedding band comes in various styles and designs. You’d be spoilt for choice. The simple minimalistic man would love the classic flat bands also known as dome bands. It is a straightforward style going from about 2mm to 16mm. The best part is that they’re unisex. Using the tungsten carbide metal, you can find styles burnished in gemstones and diamonds. From plain bezel to CZ cuts, channels, and more. If you want something simple with a little drama, opt for the shell tungsten black carbide ring. The shell inlays are delicate and can catch colors, bringing attention to your fingers. For men who love dense metals, opt for the hammered tungsten carbide bands. They come in designs like dome shapes, flat pipe cuts, beveled edges, and even step-down edges.
Trendy Styles Of Tungsten Men’s Wedding Band In 2023
Tungsten men’s wedding bands are fast becoming the modern alternative to classic rings. They are perfect for men who love solid and exquisite jewelry. Some simple and trendy choices in 2023 include the dome gold plated band, black walnut wood inlay, and the tungsten segmented variation. Others include tungsten with flat beveled edges and vibrant blue ceramic, bands with rare Koa wood inlay, and diamond faceted and polished tungsten with raised center. You can also go for rings with angled grooves, carbon Fibre inlay, or lava rock inlay.
Black tungsten wedding bands are durable, stunning, and unique. They are different from the traditional styles of rings because men’s black tungsten bands convey a trendy message.