The father-daughter dance is one of the most touching, and truly magical moments. Still, it might be hard to find the perfect song. The song you need must represent the unique bond you share with your dad. You need to be extra careful with the lyrics here. You don’t want that awkwardness, as it becomes obvious the song is about a more romantic relationship. What you need is a song about fatherly love, and it is not that simple to find.
To help you choose the perfect melody for your touching dance with Dad, we’ve compiled 50 of the best father-daughter dance songs in our playlist.
Top Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Don’t know what style of music to choose? This infographic will help you!
Сhoose the tune that makes your heart melt from the Top 50 Collection bellow.
Source: Our Labor of Love
Awesome Instrumental Music
Some wedding father daughter dance songs carry the traditional theme throughout the entire evening. Violins, harps, pianos, and guitars offer up beautiful melodies are perfect for walking down the aisle and dance-worthy music; no vocals required. Modern and classic instrumental songs carry a lot of emotion and can perfectly sum up the daddy-daughter relationship. A dose of nostalgia or modern instrumental beats creates a perfect wedding reception atmosphere.
Acoustic covers of modern pop and rock love songs are also growing in trend. Slowed-down heart-felt renditions of today’s lyrically inspired songs add a unique spin. Alternatively, remixing a classic tune can make fun father daughter dance songs. Modern beats layered with songs from your father’s past bridges the generational gap and offers the best of both worlds to dance to.
1. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by James Taylor
2. Tiny Dancer by Elton John
3. Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
4. I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees
5. You’ll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
6. My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder
7. Layla by Eric Clapton
8. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
9. A Whole New World (Aladdin’s Theme) by Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle
10. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
Rock Ballads for Father Daughter Dance Songs
Source: lesliehuhn via Instagram
Regardless of the genre or decade, the song needs to simultaneously say “I’ll always be your little girl”, and “dad, you’re one of a kind”. Rock ballads can be a great way to achieve this. These non traditional father daughter dance songs are great options for younger fathers who grew up listening to classic rock and spending weekends at concerts.
These songs inspire feelings of youth, free spirit, and are great to dance to. Many fathers pass the nostalgia down to their daughters. They recount where they were and how they felt the first time they heard particular songs. Choosing one of these songs for the father daughter dance song will surely put a smile on his face and create a memorably close moment to cherish forever.
11. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
12. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
13. Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel
14. Daughters by John Mayer
15. The Keeper Of The Stars by Tracy Byrd
16. You’ve Got A Friend by James Taylor
17. God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You by N Sync
18. In My Life by Beatles
19. You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
20. Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley
Country Dance Songs
Source: Josh Bennett Photography
Country Dance Songs
Wildly gaining in popularity is father daughter dance songs, country style! Romantic lyrics and boot stomping rhythms characterize this genre. Country music is pretty much a lifestyle, and it’s very likely that it won’t just be first dance wedding songs, it’s a night-long theme.
But cowboy hats and boots are not a prerequisite for this style, it just takes a good taste and the desire to smile. The father daughter dance and first dance wedding songs are already fun and emotional. Take things to the next level with this style by choreographing a line dance. Scheduling some extra pre-I-Do time with dad will give him the chance to express what a beautiful woman you’ve become, and a walk down memory lane as he recalls every time you defined being his little girl.
21. I loved her first by Heartland
22. You Look So Good In Love by George Strait
23. My Wish by Rascal Flatts
24. Through The Years by Kenny Rogers
25. Stand By Me by Ben E. King
26. In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride
27. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
28. Daddy’s Little Girl by Kippi Brannon
29. Daddy’s Hands by Holly Dunn
30. An Angel To Me by Loxsen Morre
Indie Wedding Songs
Source: Rylee Hitchner
Indie Wedding Songs
Boho weddings are offering up gorgeous modern father daughter dance songs. The gentle acoustic guitars and introspective lyrics are keynotes of the indie music scene. Romance flourishes with indie wedding playlists. Both the theme and the genre are defined by comfort and embodies the hippy ideals of the 60’s and 70’s. The nature trying to be captured is the ‘perfect human experience’, and what could be better for a father daughter wedding song?
Many of these songs are hopeful, romantic, and dream of the ideal future. Tempos can be upbeat or perfect for slow dancing. The most difficult part will be choosing just one song!
31. My Girl by Temptations
32. Through the Years by Kenny Rogers
33. You Are The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
34. Forever Young by Alphaville
35. Sweet Child O’ Mine by Taken By Trees
36. My Darling by Wilco
37. We’re All in The Dance by Feist
38. I’ll Stand by You by The Pretenders
39. Constellations by Jack Johnson
40. Sea of Love by Cat Power
Source: elliotnicholphoto via Instagram
Many fathers are children at heart and stay current with all modern music. Pop songs are great music for the wedding. They’re catchy, fun to sing along to, and easy to dance to. You and dad will have a blast by adding modern music to the time-honored dance, and we bet your reception guests will have trouble not singing along.
Pop is popular because it’s fun, and there’s no better theme to the dance or to the night. You want to ceremony and reception to be memorable and for your guests to have their best time. This offers you the chance to show dad a few new dance moves before the ceremony. You’ll have fun teaching him, and he’ll love showing the crowd that he still got it.
41. Make You Feel My Love by Adele
42. When You Say Nothing At All by Alison Krauss
43. I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
44. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
45. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
46. Can You Feel The Love Tonight by Elton John
47. Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
48. Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray
49. God Only Knows by Beach Boys
50. What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Daddy was there when you were first born, and he nurtured you as a little girl. This is what you’ll always be to him, and the father daughter wedding dance is extremely emotional and metaphorical. Choosing the right song means choosing the right balance between fun and sentiment. The lyrics, tempo, and meaning of the song has a lot to do with this, but so does the right beat. Find something dance-worthy, but also a song that means something to the both of you.
If you’re looking for some songs that you can use on your wedding, then you’ll love this infographic. It’s a simple list of songs that you can show the DJ or band to play one of them.