Less they say, is more and this holds true for brides who step out looking simple on their wedding day. From the dress to makeup, jewelry, and shoes. Everything is on point. But what makes a bride’s look stand out is her hair, her crown.
And for the simple bride, this may pose a problem because she wants to maintain her personality while looking good. Not to worry, we’ve lined up the most elegant wedding hairstyles for long hair, short, and medium hair for you.
Elegant Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
If you’ve got long tresses, you can have them sleek and ready without losing a strand.
- Resting waves
This is one of the trendiest elegant wedding hairstyles for medium length hair and long hair. Perfect for the beach wedding. Finish up with nude lips, smoky eyes, and a tiara.
- Topsy turvy fishtail braids
Split hair into miniature ponytails. Turn ponytails inside out to achieve sizeable fish braid. Pair hairstyle with statement pieces of jewelry. One of the best casual elegant wedding hairstyles for a Bohemian bride.
- Side-swept curled locks
Sweep curled hair to side and accessorize with statement pin for a vintage wedding.
Click to see the most popular wedding hairstyles ideas on Pinterest!
Half Up Half Down For The Elegant Bride
If you have long or medium hair length and down want to spot total wedding updos, choose half up half down hairstyle.
HOW TO MAKE IT
This hairstyle is the perfect way to give your hair an illusion of volume. You can wear the hairstyle in a fishtail half-up, ponytail half-up, twisted half-up and accessorize.
Split your hair horizontally from the back of one ear to the next. Comb the half-up hair from your crown and sides to the center back of your head. You can pin this part in, make it into a bun, twist it or leave in a simple ponytail. Accessorize as you deem fit.
Elegant Ways To Wear Wedding Hair Down
Wearing your hair down for wedding trends as one of the classic and elegant wedding hairstyles to look out for.
HOW TO WEAR IT
As a rule, the bride’s hair must complement her dress and theme. The aim must not be to compete. Wearing the hair down is very modern and romantic. You can leave it in curls for a casual look or keep it a bone straight formal look.
Wear it on a strapless dress which isn’t too embellished with details on the neckline. Make sure that the length crosses below the neckline of your dress, else it looks boxy. Keep pieces of jewelry at a minimum and wear simple makeup.
This hairstyle goes well with a beach or princess wedding theme.
Elegant High Updos With Extensions
If you want a full updo, you’ll use some extensions, especially for long hair.
HOW TO WEAR IT
With your extensions firmly set in, make an updo with side part and some bangs over forehead. It should be loose and pair with a strapless dress. When the updo is all pulled back and tight, it draws more attention to the forehead and neck.
If you’re aiming for something more formal dramatic, pair your updo with a ball gown. And if you’re having a casual wedding, make loose updos with escaped curls. Pair with a dress and with an embellished neckline or halter neck.
Elegant Wedding Hairstyles For Medium Hair
If you’re thinking of the best wedding hairstyles for medium hair that you can rock, see a few tips below.
- Rock an accessorized chic blowout with spaghetti straps.
- You can also leave your hair down in sleek shiny waves tucked behind your ears. Pair with sweetheart neckline.
- An updo matted with hair serum and Bobby pins work wonders too.
To take care of your medium length hair before the wedding, first; nourish. You can do this by deep conditioning your hair. Also, hydrate for healthier strands and get a trim. Avoid tongs, towels or heating. They can cause breakage and frizzing.
Classic And Elegant Wedding Buns Ideas
Buns are classic and elegant wedding hairstyles that give the diva appearance. You can wear it in so many ways.
HOW TO WEAR IT
Wear your bun in a twisted fashion for more panache at your countryside wedding. Make hair into twists and roll together in a bun. You won’t need accessories.
For a simpler look, make a top knot bun that gives you the girl next door look. If you feel like a little drama, make the double dutch or French braid buns.
Bride With Elegant Chignon Hairstyle
Chignon is a hairstyle as old as time. It has evolved and you can wear it in different ways.
HOW TO WEAR IT
Brides can wear chignons in a sleek put together fashion. Using hairspray and pins, the chignon is held smoothly for a formal look. Brides can also opt for the undone chignon that looks a little messy. Accessorize with statement combs or vines to get the effect. Although, chignons are beauty whether accessorized or not.
Chic Messy Bridal Hair Updo
If you have medium hair length that escapes when you pack it, don’t worry. We’ve got hairstyles for you.
HOW TO WEAR IT
You can wear your medium hair in low buns, high knots, twists or pinned up curls. This helps you acquire a unique effortless and relaxed feel. Your hair will look messy while leaving you polished for that formal or very casual wedding.
Elegant Wedding Hairstyles For Short Hair
Short hair is playful and has so many ways that brides can make elegant wedding hairstyles for short hair.
HOW TO DIY SHORT WEDDING HAIR
- Detangle your hair using a comb and texturize with a spray.
- Give your hair a center or side part and sleek down.
- Pick out three inches from one side, comb and twist. Hold in place with a pin.
- Repeat the same on the other side, hold both twists together and clip.
This is a very simple elegant wedding hairstyle for short hair.
Bridal Hairstyles Pinned To The Side
Elegant wedding hairstyles pinned to the side are feminine and romantic. These hairstyles work wonders for different face shapes.
- The round-faced bride, for example, will wear a side-swept hairstyle in a sleek fashion. It will give the illusion to a lengthy face.
- The bride with an oblong face will wear the side-swept hairstyle in tumbling waves for a delicate look. The idea is to more volume and width, not length.
- A bride with a diamond-shaped face will wear side-swept bangs to shift attention from the center of the face. This will give the face a fuller look.
Elegant Wedding Headbands With Short Hair
Headbands are flexible and perfect for short hair because they can be well adjusted. There are many types to choose from.
- Think about the bandeau type headbands for short hair. It’s all the accessories a bride needs.
- There’s also the Satin ribbon headbands with couture styling. With a comb adhered to the headband, it can hold a veil in place.
Another beauty is the bejeweled accented headbands featuring crystals or pearls to help you achieve a more contemporary look.
Short Elegant Hairstyle With A Modern Twist
Going for short elegant wedding hairstyles for natural hair? Work it with a modern twist.
- Rocks a curly airy updo by twisting and pinning your hair at your crown. This look is whimsical and sensational.
- You can also opt for a low messy chignon for the rustic feel. Accessorize with artificial flowers and hold in place with Bobby pins.
- A very formal faux hawk is a short hairstyle to try. Shave the sides and curl the top. Finish by clasping the side with an embellished hair clip.
Source: tonyastylist via Instagram